Earlier this year, Facebook launched a standalone messaging app which was comparatively helpful for people to connect to their friends. Later, the company added a voice calling support to the app as well, which functions pretty well given the internet connection is good.
Now the multi-billion dollar social networking company has launched another standalone app for messaging app for iPhone and Android devices. However, this is completely dedicated to group chat, thus it's called the Groups. You will also get the group chat option or form a group in the other messenger app by Facebook.
The new app will let you see all your Facebook Groups in one place, with those that you use more often being at the top. Moreover, you'll be able to create new groups with ease, quickly share photos and updates, track and control notifications, and discover new groups based on Pages you like.
Facebook doesn't force anyone to use its Groups app - at least for the time being - so you can continue to use the Groups section that's included in the main Facebook app.
Here are some of the features that Facebook highlights about the new app via a blogpost.
• When you open the app, you'll see all your Facebook Groups in one place. Groups you use most frequently are at the top, and you can quickly move between each group.
• Easily start a new group by tapping Create.
• You can also track notifications and easily control which notifications you want to see.
• In the new Discover tab, you'll see groups suggested to you based on Pages you've liked, groups your friends are in and where you live.
• You can still use Facebook Groups in the main Facebook app and on desktop, and over time we'll continue to make those experiences faster and better, too.