After releasing the Beta version of Here Maps for Android last month, Microsoft has now updated the same app to version 1.0.220 that brings support for Android 5.0 (Lollipop).
The once Windows Phone confined app can now be used by the Android users in an efficient way. This update also brings fixes to downloaded voice files that will not be cleared if the phone's cache is wiped using a cleaner, as it promised. If you lost them during cleaning, you will have to re-download any non-English voices.
The update also brings several other improvements. You can report bugs and also offer feature suggestions using the app.
The update is now available from the Here website in the form of APK file and the same update would be available for Samsung devices via Samsung Galaxy Apps store in coming days, says Here.
Once the app is stable, it would be released on Google Play.
Here offers fast, accurate maps that are always ready to use, with or without an internet connection. Moreover, Android users can also find routes and get turn-by-turn voice guidance.
Some of the features of the Here Beta for Android are
• Offline navigation: Interactive maps and turn-by-turn voice guidance are still available even without an internet connection.
• Maps to download and to use offline for nearly 100 countries.
• Public transport maps and directions for over 800 cities in over 40 countries, also when you're offline.
• Live traffic info for more than 40 countries.
• Plan your journey on beta.here.com, then find your way there using your mobile.
• Personalise your map by creating Collections of your favourite places.
• Share your location with family and friends in real-time as you go via Glympse.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!