MapmyIndia, India's popular in digital maps, GPS navigation and web mobile location apps has launched a unique initiative to secure cab passengers in Delhi NCR. In a first, MapmyIndia Locate app will be given to all passengers using Snap Cab, an economy cab service based out of Noida. With this the Snap Cab customers can instantly share their location with the near and dear ones once they enter the cab. And as the journey proceeds, the passengers can be live tracked by the contacts of their choice.
Snap Cab is India's first cab service to offer this dual security net to its customers. Their cabs are already GPS enabled and now with MapmyIndia Locate app the customer is empowered to take further security measures as she deems appropriate.
"Safety is a big concern for everyone. No matter where we are or what we are doing, well-being of our loved ones is a worry that always lingers in some part of our mind. At MapmyIndia it has been our endeavor to leverage GPS technology to better the lives of Indians. I am happy to see that Snap Cab, by offering Locate app to its customers is addressing one of their major concerns. I look forward to a long and fruitful partnership," says Rakesh Verma, Managing Director.
"It is a matter of joy for us to tie-up with India's leader in GPS navigation & tracking technology. MapmyIndia Locate app is helping us address the security concern of our passengers in a hassle-free and convenient way. I feel that that security as a USP will not only earn us the goodwill of the customers but also contribute strongly towards the brand equity of Snap Cab," says Ashutosh Balwaria, Founder, Snap Cab.
Although no one expects an untoward situation to develop but it is good to be armed for the contingency. Every second is critical in case of an emergency. MapmyIndia locate ensures that during such times you always have access to the right people. They would instantly know how to reach the incident spot. A person can add tenemergency contacts, who will receive access to live tracking of the cab movement.
How to use MapmyIndia Locate?
- Customer downloads and registers with the Locate app.
- Once the customer enters a Snap Cab, she can either manually check-in or set the app to auto-check in.
- Friends or family members can then track her movement live, either on a smartphone or on a PC.
- MapmyIndia Locate app can also be downloaded from Snap Cab website.
- Add up-to ten friends or family members to locate.
- Tracking yourself is enabled by default in the app.
- The application also supports detailed movement reporting.
- See people you are locating on a real-time map.
- Users can either manually check-in to places or the app automatically picks up location every 500 meters and shows it as auto-check in.
The app uses GPS, Wi-Fi or Cell Tower Triangulation, whichever is available in that order to compute the location. MapmyIndia's applications cover the complete spectrum of SNT (Social, Navigation and Tracking). These apps are already very popular amongst mobile users. The company has successfully launched apps for all popular
mobile platforms viz. Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry. These apps are free and can also be accessed from the mobile browser.