These days, online music streaming is definetly a hot topic! As of now, there are lots of music streaming services available in the market including Spotify, Saavn, Gaana, Apple music and more! Gradually more and more companies are finding a way to capitalize the music streaming model, which is indeed a major step in the music consumption.
One such company is the New York headquatered Indian company Saavn! For the unknown, Saavn is an online music streaming services, where it distributes English, Bollywood and regional Indian music in over 200 countries.
Some of their well known products are Saavn Pro, Saavn Music for iPhone, Saavn Music for Android, Saavn music and radio for Windows Phone and PC and Saavn Radio. As per the report, Saavn has achieved 13 million monthly active users as of March 2015 and has over 7 million music tracks.
Falling in line, yesterday at an event in Mumbai, the company has launched Saavn Original Programming, a new initiative that will expand Saavn's repertoire of content to include a cutting-edge collection of original, long-form audio programs for its worldwide user base.
With this initiative, Saavn has unvieled some of the lifestyle programs including two original series by renowned journalist and radio icon Neelesh Misra. Misra will narrate Qisson Ka Kona, a storytelling program, along with Time Machine (premiering mid-June), a show covering mythology.
Further, the company has also partnered with new-age digital brand Arré to produce the original true crime series Trial by Error: The Aarushi Files. In addition to these new original shows, Saavn Originals will debut with popular programs from Indus Vox Media.
These include Maed in India, featuring interviews and performances by top indie musicians, and Cyrus Says, an irreverent, comedy talk show discussing current events.
The initiative will also introduce Saavn's Artist-in-Residence program, a creative platform highlighting the best new musicians and bands. The first Artist-in-Residence is Nucleya, the popular and iconic Indian indie electronic artist. When compared to other music streaming services, Saavn almost fared in all the sides.
User Interface: Saavn has a neat, clutter free UI, which is simple yet appealing.
Music streaming: Eventhough, the streaming is smooth, what irritates is its advertisement which is played for 10 seconds.
Notification panel: Meanwhile, the notification panel has improved by giving us options like Play/Pause, Forward and Backward. Here, the user can exit Saavn from the notfication panel itself.
Features of Saavn- Listen Free:
- Play any song, on demand
- Create and save playlists of your favourite songs
- Enjoy expertly curated playlists in Hindi, English, and Indian regional languages, for every occasion
- Saavn Radio - endless music for any mood, song, or artist
Features of Saavn Pro:
- Download your music for listening offline
- No ads or interruptions
- 320kbps high-quality audio downloads
- No contracts or obligations
All You Need to Know About 'Saavn Original Programming':
1. Qisson Ka Kona with Neelesh Misra - 4 episodes/week
2. Trial By Error: The Aarushi Files, hosted by Nishita Jha - 1 episode/week
3. Neelesh Misra's Time Machine -1 episode/week (launching mid-June)
4. Maed in India, hosted by Mae Thomas - 1 episode/week
5. Cyrus Says, hosted by Cyrus Broacha - 2 episodes/week
6. The Paodcast, hosted by Amit Gurbaxani, Purva Mehra, and Pronoti Datta - 1 episode/fortnight
7. Geek Fruit, hosted by Tejas Menon and Jishnu Guha - 1 episode/week
8. Eat. Sleep. Joke. Repeat., hosted by Karan Agarwal - 1 episode/week
9. TFG Sports Podcast, hosted by Vageesh Bhan, Vivek Krishnan, and Chiranjit Ojha - 5 episodes/week
10. All Balls with Ayaz Memon - 1 episode/week