MapmyIndia, India’s leader in digital maps, GPS navigation and location apps for consumers and enterprise, has announced the release of version 7.1 maps of India. The maps cover 7.1 million places of interest, 1.9 million road kilometers, 600,000 towns and villages, 4,751 cities with street-level details, 39 cities with house-level details and 36 cities with full 3D city models and includes best-in-class advanced and localized navigation and driver assistance features such as extended lane guidance, junction views, sign-posts, live traffic, city guides and rich points of interest, regional voice guidance and regional maps.
The four local languages will include Hindi, Punjabi Tamil and Malayalam.
MapmyIndia version 7.1 maps cover:
- 7.1 million places
- 1.9 million road kilometers
- 600,000 villages
- 4,751 cities at street-level
- 39 cities at house-level
- 36 cities in full 3D
- Maps in 4 local languages
- City guides and rich points of interest
- Photographs of places to visit, stay, eat and shop in popular tourist destinations and cities
- Voice guidance in 9 regional languages
- Available at: www.mapmyindia.com/store
- Extended lane guidance (telling the user which lane to get into prior to a turn or exit)
- Junction views (how the upcoming intersection looks in real-life)
- Sign-posts (which major landmarks, localities and cities lie in the direction of upcoming turns)
- Day-time based turn restrictions (based on time and day, whether the particular road is 2-way or one-way in a particular directions)
- Live traffic (what is the live congestion on roads in the city)
MapmyIndia’s GPS navigation system enables accurate turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation to the building doorstep, not just a nearby landmark or the general locality. The version 7.1 MapmyIndia maps continue to provide best-in-class full 3D coverage of India, with digital elevation models and terrain across India, thousands of full-scale 3D landmarks across India, which offer life-like 360-degree views of popular tourist and commercial landmarks, and full 3D city models containing 3D buildings in residential and commercial areas for 36 major cities across India, including all the major metropolitan areas.