Indians on Instagram are mostly young, mobile-first users with high spending power, according to an Instagram study that revealed insights for the first time about the community connected to one of the fastest growing social platforms, and what keeps them engaged.
Instagram also said its monthly actives in India have more than doubled over the past year (as of September 2015). Instagram continues to build momentum and has grown to more than 400 million users this year. Among the last 100 million to join Instagram, more than half live in Asia and Europe.
Some other interesting facts about "Indians on Instagram" study conducted by Nielsen include:
- Indians on Instagram are mobile-first with more than 80% using their phone to take pictures to post on social media
- 18 - 24 age group are the most active on Instagram
- Indian Instagrammers are avid travelers, 50% of whom have taken four vacations the past year.
- Over 50% of Indian Instagrammers have frequently purchased products and services from the brands they follow. They also follow brands to keep in touch with the latest products, learn about deals and shop for products online.
- Key interests include music, travel, food, photography, technology, fashion and sports.
In India, advertisers on Instagram include P&G, Nestle, Paper Boat, Grofers, TrulyMadly Matchmakers, Sportskeeda and more.