A couple of days back, Microsoft announced few updates for its Xbox Music app on Windows 8 with full Smart Glass Support. Following that, now the Microsoft's SmartGlass second-screen solution for the Xbox 360 gaming console is available on Google Play for Android OS device users.
For those who are not aware, Xbox SmartGlass app will let tablets and smartphones interact with the Xbox 360 console, acting as companion devices to the action onscreen, letting you navigate media playback and receive supplementary information to go along with select games and apps, as well as acting as a controller for the newly-introduced Internet Explorer web browser on the console.
Basically Xbox SmartGlass lets your device work with your Xbox 360 console to bring rich, interactive experiences and unique content about what you are watching or playing, right to the device that’s already in your hand. Interact with your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, and games, and bring remote control to a whole new level.
Further, the users can also connect withtheir Xbox friends, track and compare the achievements, and change up their 3D avatar.
Xbox SmartGlass key features include:
• Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
• Use your phone’s keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
• Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
• Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
• Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
• Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
• Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
• Change up your 3D avatar
• Message your Xbox friends
• Edit your Xbox profile
Please Note: The app is available for download on Google Play for free available for most Android 4.0+ smartphones, with WVGA screen resolution or higher, however it will require an Xbox membership to sign in.