The Canon EOS-1D X is the new DSLR launch from the world’s most reputed manufacturers of high end image capturing devices, Canon. With the new release, it plans to replace the sports oriented 1D series cameras and the studio focused 1DS cameras.
Canon EOS 1 DX comes with some major change in its specification like a new sensor (18 MP full-frame CMOS chip) which is capable of shooting at the rate of 12 frames per second. The new sensor is capable of a 16-channel, dual line readout which is in fact a good transition from an 8-channel, single line design used in the previous versions.
Canon EOS 1 DX
- 18.1 Megapixel lens, CMOS sensor
- 61-point AF included up to 41 cross-type AF points
- 12fps shooting speed along with 14fps super High Speed continuous shots
- RGB AE sensor having 100,000-pixels
- Modes included-Zone, Spot and AF Expansion
- shutter lag of 55ms and also 36ms through SRL function
- Full HD Movie recording up to a 29 minutes and 59 seconds
- Time code feature for HD video recording
- Complete HD video shooting enabled with compression features like ALL-I or IPB
- LCD viewfinder (Transparent) and a new focusing screen
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- Two card slots for CF cards
- CMOS sensor (full frame)
- Two "DIGIC 5+" processors
- DIGIC 4 processor for improved AE functions
- +/- 5 configurable Stop Exposure Compensation
- 1.04 million pixel Clear View II Screen, (8.11cm (3.2"), LCD
- Quick and quiet control touch-pad area
Thus with its improved features, canon EOS 1DX is another high end camera device from Canon. Despite its many new features, the devices are expected to maintain its regular price tag.
It’s an exciting time in the camera business with the major giant manufacturers making waves in the markets with interesting attitudes. It will be more interesting to know how the world receives this high end piece of supreme image capturing technology.