LeapFrog, the leading manufacturer of educational entertainment products for children has launched its much renowned LeapPad lineup of learning tablets in India. The newly unveiled tablet LeapPad Explorer has been launched in the nation at a price of Rs 11,999 in association with MBE (My Baby Excels), a premium toy brand.
LeapPad Explorer will be available across leading stores and E-retailers (E-bay.in, Flipkart.com, Indiaplaza.in, Firstcry.com and Babyoye.com) in the country.
LeapFrog’s LeapPad Explorer is a multifunctional learning tablet for children (above 4 years). LeapPad Explorer builds on the success of 2010’s award winning handheld is designed to change the way children learn and play. LeapPad Explorer is just like an adult tablet, but with endless fun experiences for kids, housed in a durable package. The new device combines the latest technology, educational curricula, and entertainment properties.
- Built-in 1.2 megapixel camera/video recorder
- 5" touch screen
- 2 GB of memory
- 5 inch screen with 480 x 272 resolution
• Largest-ever learning library at launch: 225+ learning games, videos, e-Books, flash cards and more, featuring kid’s favourite characters. Fully compatible with the existing Leapster Explorer library.
• Education: From spelling and maths to creativity, science, music, geography and more. The nifty stylus also lets children perfect their writing skills.
• Creativity: The first tablet device with a built-in camera, video recorder, microphone and animation studio, allowing for creative exploration that can be shared with family and friends.
• Personalisation: Automatically adjusts the learning across all 225+ experiences so children can learn at their own pace.
• Durability: Sleek and thin in its design, the LeapPad Explorer can also withstand rough play and is designed for little hands.
Chris Spalding, Senior Vice President, LeapFrog-EMEA & Asia, said: “LeapFrog created the first interactive learning experience with the iconic and original LeapPad learning system in 1998. After more than ten years of research into the most proficient ways for children to learn, we are doing it again with LeapPad Explorer, a multifunctional learning tablet that will ignite children’s imaginations and learning, whilst providing fantastic entertainment for all the family. We believe this will be the must-have gift for all little learners from 2011 and beyond.”
Commenting on the occasion, Mustafa Kapasi, COO-MBE, “LeapPad is nothing lesser than an adult tablet, the difference being that it is easy on the wallet. The LeapPad is designed specifically for children and is packed with latest features and helps the child in reinforcing skills like art, music, language, health and hygiene in a fun way. LeapPad comes with a built in camera and video recorder, voice recording, motion-based play and other innovative features and turns reading into a cinematic experience.”
Additional games and Ultra eBooks are also available separately including the App Centre download card. This card will allow you to download games and apps from the library of over 125 titles available in the on-line LeapFrog App Store. The games include animated characters like Scooby Doo, SpongeBob, Tinker Bell, Dora, Phineas & Ferb and movies like Tangled, Brave, Toy Story 3, Cars 2 among others which act as learning aids for letter recognition, spelling, logic & reasoning, mathematics, science, geography, vocabulary, phonics.