Have you accidentally deleted an important message in your Android smartphone, and don't know what to do? Worry not! We have a way out to discover deleted or lost messages. Read on to know more.
We sometimes delete an important one or all SMS messages while cleaning the phone or simply accidentally, which we might as well regret later. Just in case you have lost messages, there are ways to recover them. If you will search online or on app stores, you will be able to find out tools and apps that can help you get your lost messages back. These tools or apps can scan the memory of your Android smartphone and locate the messages that were deleted. These can identify and recover your deleted messages, in case the phone's memory has been refreshed or over-written. You may, however, need to pay to make use of such tools and apps.
Some of the well recognized tools include Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android and Coolmuster Android SMS+Contacts Recovery. Both of these are compatible with Mac and Windows PC. We give you steps to recover deleted SMSes on your Android smartphone. However, these steps work only if you have deleted the messages very recently, and the part of memory on which your messages were saved is still free and is not over-written by files, updates or other data.
We are using Wondershare tool to give an example of how it works:
1. On your Android phone, go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Now keep on tapping the Build number, until you get a notification saying Developer Options has been enabled.
2. Now, go back to Settings. You will now get Developer options in the menu. Click on it and select USB debugging.
3. Once you enable USB Debugging option on your Android phone, connect it to your computer.
4. If you have not already downloaded the free version of Wondershare trial, install it. Note: You can use your choice of tool for data recovery.
5. Once the Android phone is connected to your computer, ensure that the Debugging Options is enabled. Now run the Wondershare trial pack.
6. You can now follow the steps in the recovery program to identify your phone, and allow the tool to scan your phone's memory.
7. Once the scanning process is finished, you can browse and preview deleted as well as undeleted files on your phone. You can now look for deleted messages and retrieve them by select the messages you want to recover and choosing Recover option at the bottom.