What would you do to access your favorite websites quickly? One option is to add them as bookmarks or favicons to the toolbar of the browser, while the other one is to type in the URL. But, did you know that there is a faster way to do this?
Of course, it can be made faster by creating desktop shortcuts for your favorite websites. The process is too simple and straightforward, besides being extra fast in allowing you to access your most favorite website.
How To Create Desktop Shortcut of Websites
To create a desktop shortcut of a website, follow these steps:
1. Open the website in Google Chrome.
2. Click wrench icon at the top right corner of the Chrome browser.
3. From the Tools option, select Create Application Shortcuts.
4. In the window that pops up, select where you want to place the shortcut.
5. The website will open in a separate window, and you have to pick the place, that you like the shortcut icon to display.
6. Click on Create.
Note that the Taskbar option is the best one if you like to create shortcuts for many websites, as they populate on your desktop.