One of the major news that made headlines includes the latest redesign that YouTube underwent. Google is increasingly trying out to integrate its online video sharing channel more with social media especially Google+. From the user’s point of view, it is desirable that users start customizing their You Tube channel inorder to enjoy the SEO benefits that will be available from the website.
The following are the steps that the users will have to follow to customize their YouTube channel.
Go to the Channel Page
Users will now have to select one of the two edit buttons that are provided on the channel page
Click on the top ‘Edit Channel’ button
Edit Channel helps the users in picking an avatar as well as a background image
It is desirable that the Avatar has to be the users image denoted in a square
Users can make use of the grey background with the black bar for their YouTube channel
Now the users will have to select either JPG or PSD
Then users can add their logos
Upload the background image
If the user want to know where the YouTube page will go, then they will have to;
Click on Show
Then select ‘Guides’
- Edit channel settings comes with two other tabs other than the ‘appearance tabs’
Info and Settings tab
- Users will now have to choose the Blogger layout from the Featured tab
- It is always desirable that users select ‘Featured Tab’ as the ‘Default tab’ in the ‘Info and Settings’ tab to ensure that their favorite video takes a special place when other users come across the channel page
- Make sure that the users always check mark the two options that are mentioned against taking subscribed users to feed tab and making the channel appear on YouTube.
- Ensure that the users enter the appropriate keywords on to the Title, description as well as Tag fields
- Once finished, users will have to click ‘Done Editing’
Customizing New YouTube Channel Sidebar
Sidebar is another feature in the new YouTube channel which users can edit.
Users will now have to click on the second edit button that was mentioned earlier while customizing the YouTube channel
Users are now required to write a short channel synopsis below the ‘About’ headline
Users will then have to place as many links as possible such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc
These are the ways in which users can customize their YouTube channel.