YouTube, as you know, has a huge collection of videos in its database. Any song which you want to download is likely to be found in YouTube. For song videos, you can select the quality of the video before downloading it. You may either select 360p, 480p, 720p and even full HD 1080p videos.
But what most YouTube users want is to get their favorite songs from YouTube. They probably want the song in MP3 format, which is unfortunately unavailable in YouTube. YouTube is a source of flv type files, which has audio and video. So there is bound to be some video footage or slideshow video for the song you desire to download.
If you have iTunes app in your computer, and want to add some songs to it by downloading them from YouTube, obviously you have to download it as the flv file and then convert it to MP3, which is time consuming and requires apps for download like YouTube downloader.
Luckily, we give you another alternative of downloading song s from YouTube directly in the MP3 format. You don’t have to download a YouTube downloader and Flv to MP3 converter app separately for this. You can convert and download the files online, easily. It’s free as well.
The instructions to be followed for this are as follows:
- Go to YouTube and browse for the file you want
- There will likely be a lot of video files with the audio you want, and you just have to select the best one you would prefer
- After selecting the file, copy the URL address of the file from the address bar by clicking and selecting the address and pressing Control and C (Control + C)
- Now open a new tab in the browser and type “www.flvtomp3.com” in the address bar
- Wait till the page loads and make sure the button “By URL” is selected, which is at the top of the page
- On Step 1 of the page, there will be a text box where you have to paste the address you copied from YouTube, by just pressing Control and V after clicking on the Text box (Control + V)
- After pasting, click the Ok button for the ‘I Accept the terms” at the bottom of the page
- A new page will appear showing the status of the download
- After waiting to get the “Status Complete”, click on the “Convert” button at the bottom of the page
- On the new page which appears, you will be asked what to do with the file that was just downloaded, where you have to click on the circle next to the “Open file” and then click on the drop box
- From the drop down menu, select iTunes
- You will see the iTunes opening and the song will start to play
- You may also choose to save the MP3 file in the desktop and then drag and drop it in iTunes