Recently, we have seen account hacked news. For instance, about 450,000 Yahoo accounts were hacked and passwords were leaked and over 6 million LinkedIn accounts were hacked. Most us seem to have accounts in such networks but we don't realize how to keep ourselves safe from such hacking attacks. Its the time to guard our passwords to be safe online. Here are some tips on how to keep your passwords safe.
- Ensure that you use different passwords for different accounts.
- Do log off the account when you leave the device. This helps others to hack or misuse your account.
- Update your anti-virus or other security software to avoid any malware.
- Avoid using public computers in library or Internet cafe. They may have malware that can steal your password.
- Do not enter your password while using unsecured Wi-Fi connections.
- Most important and basic thing is that you do not share your password with anyone.
- Change your password pretty often. Do not reuse the same password for a year at least.
- Use letters, numbers and symbols in your password. Strong passwords are easy to remember and hard to guess.