With the launch of Open Graph applications by Facebook, it provides users with the immense opportunities for creating a brand exposure as well as increased traffic to the Facebook pages, applications and websites.
Open Graph apps now are equipped with the ability to post the past incidents on the user’s timelines. The apps now are equipped with a new range of applications that helps the users in filling their profiles.
With the introduction of open graph apps, users are now able to record their past which can be considered as a great way to enhance the Timeline and thereby providing the marketers to engage with the consumers in an innovative way.
Another major advantage is that the actions that are there for more than three days will not be displayed on the Ticker as well as News Feed.
Now let’s take a close look at the functionality of Ticker, Timeline as well as Open Graph applications and how they can impact your business.
Open Graph Apps
- The open graph applications are developed by the developers of Facebook which includes Facebook.com apps as well as Facebook-integrated websites that provides users with the permission to publish their activity to Facebook whenever they receive an in-app action
- Granting of the permission by the user will pave the way for the activity getting published to the Tickers of friends as well as their Timeline too
- Usually a verb and a noun are chosen by the developers for making use in the published activity tales
- Open Graph apps can also publish ‘Reports’ as well as ‘summaries’ of the activity by the user
- The marketing people can make use of open graph apps to their own advantage by getting more users for their apps by means of publishing user activity incidents and tales
- The marketing can also be increased if the reports are compelling
Marketing through Open Graph Apps
Turning Wall Posts in to Activity Stories
- One of the major key to the success as far as marketing is concerned through Open Graph apps is in motivating the users to finish their actions that the marketer can publish on to the Ticker as well as Timeline
- The key in achieving this goal is to convert the wall posts in to activity stories
- This can be done by developing a page tab application that is combined with Open Graph functionality
- The app should be designed in such a way so that the user could provide diverse entry fields for the varied common types of the wall posts that are present
- The success is in getting the users permission for publishing an activity story whenever the users enter a question on one of the fields
- News Feed
- Represented in the right side bar of the home page
- Displays short stories mainly about the people the user is friends with or it may be the pages that they like the most
- One of the major advantages for the marketers is in providing links in the activity stories that will take other users to the marketers applications and there by increasing the number of users for their applications
- This is made possible by creating the open graph apps and allowing the users to interact with them
- Features stories that represents any specific activities
- Timeline also automatically shows the ‘Recent activity’ sections for the music apps
This is how users can make use of Open Graph apps for Facebook Marketing.