Sony Xperia T3 can now be installed with CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM built by Team FreeXperia. This is not an official build by the CyanogenMod, but it is a compilation of CM source code for unsupported devices.
Team FreeXperia has considerable amount of experience in Xperia phones and are covering almost every Xperia smartphones. The Android Lollipop custom ROM for Xperia T3 comes with all features similar to the CM12.1.
You can update your Sony Xperia T3 to custom firmware of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop FreeXperia ROM using this tutorial. Please note, this firmware is not an official release by Sony, but just a custom ROM which require a custom recovery installed in the device in order to flash the ROM.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware on Xperia T3. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on Android smartphones, then installing this custom ROM on Xperia T3 is no different.
However, for beginners do read all the points mentioned in this tutorial before actually performing it on your device. Also note that, installing the custom ROM or custom recovery will void the warrant of the device and will not get any official updates including security update from OEM or Google.
Before starting the installation process, download required files to your computer from the links provided below.
Points to remember before starting installing custom ROM
1. This tutorial is only to install the Android 5.1.1 ROM provided by FreeXperia for Sony Xperia T3 LTE. Please don't try this on any other variants of the phone.
2. Backup all the important data, additional files, apps and settings. Installing custom ROM on the Xperia Z3 will wipe all the data.
3. It is recommended to use custom recovery tool to create a complete image of the existing phone setup. To create backup in recovery tool, select Backup and Restore and tap Backup in custom recovery mode.
4. The smartphone should be rooted with the latest ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP recovery tool before installing the custom ROM and its bootloader is unlocked.
5. Ensure the smartphone have at-least 80 percent of battery charge to avoid power off during installation process.
6. Make sure USB drivers of Xperia T3 have been installed on the PC.
7. Sony PC Companion will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
Complete Steps to Install Custom ROM on Sony Xperia T3
Step 1: Connect and mount the smartphone to the computer using USB cable.
Step 2: Copy and past the downloaded files (TeamXperia Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM and Google Apps) to the SD card root. Do not copy the files to phone's internal memory or in any other folder.
Step 3: Turn off the smartphone and disconnect from the PC.
Step 4: Now, boot the smartphone to Recovery Mode. To get into recovery mode, press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power keys together for few seconds.
Step 5: Perform full data wipe by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset' option in the recovery mode. Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select, while operating in the recovery mode.
Step 6: Clear cache memory of the Xperia T3 by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 7: Go back to main menu of recovery mode and select 'advance' and choose 'wipe dalvik cache' to perform complete wipe. This step is optional but it is recommended to clear dalvik cache to avoid boot loops and other errors during installation.
Step 8: Again return to the main menu of the recovery mode and select 'install zip from SD card'. Navigate to the phone's SD card and select the custom ROM zip file, which you copied earlier to the root folder of phone's SD card.
Step 9: Repeat the step 8 to install Google Apps.
Step 10: Once the custom ROM and Google Apps are installed successfully, go back to main menu of recovery mode and reboot the device by selecting 'reboot system now'.
The smartphone will take about 5 minutes to boot for the first time with custom ROM installed. Wait till the device starts. Now your Sony Xperia T3 should be running the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM by FreeXperia.
Source: Team Android