Recently, the AT&T version of HTC One X received the Android 4.0.4 ICS upgrade from Android 4.0.3 ICS. Following this, the International version of the smartphone is also getting the update. Android 4.0.4 has been rolling out to many devices and now it has come to the HTC's flagship smartphone.
An OTA update has been rolled out by HTC on August 10 to the International version of the One X. In addition to this, HTC will be tweaking the Sense UI, updating it to Sense 4.1, to enhance the user experience.
While announcing the roll out of the Android 4.0.4 ICS upgrade, HTC's statement claimed, "As part of our ongoing commitment to ensure customers are receiving software updates that improve their user experience, we are pleased to announce our next upgrade for the HTC One X will be released on August 10.”
It explained that, “The primary update will include an upgrade to Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), in addition to an improved Sense experience which will: enable the ability to map menu function to the 'recent app' key (improving visual presentation in non ICS apps like Facebook); improve tab management in the browser with a dedicated tab switching button and enhance camera capabilities such as white balance and continuous autofocus”
Here is the list of the changes that are coming along with the new Android 4.0.4 ICS build:
- Remapping of the ‘recent apps’ key to improve the looks of apps
- Optimizes the performance of the stock web browser
- Smoother homescreen animations
- Improved image quality of the camera – Continuous autofocus and some white balance adjustments
- Updated notification bar with old "Quick Settings" tab from Sense 3.0
- New Single Sign-on for Facebook
- Upgrades to Beats Audio
- Improved tab management in the browser with a dedicated tab switching button
- Expanded support for HTC MediaLink in the OpenSense SDK (for developers)
How to Install
The latest firmware OTA update weighs in 148MB of size and you can see Android 4.0.4 ICS running Germany based HTC One X’s screenshots in the below image.
If you are yet to receive a notification on your handset, you can try to pull the update by hitting Settings > About phone > Software update and you’ll be running 4.0.4 in no time, if it is available in your region.
If you have not received an update, you can follow the below mentioned steps to Install Android 4.0.4 with maXimus V2.2 based on RUU 2.15.401.5 for HTC One X.
- Unlock bootloader on HTC One X and install ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery.
- Download latest copy of ROM and copy to SD card of device.
- Use Android Fastboot Kit in order to install new boot.img.
- Navigate to Recover and boot into CWM Recovery mode.
- Select Wipe Data > Factory Reset and confirm data wipe.
- Navigate to SD card with downloaded ROM and start installation.
- Upon complete, reboot HTC One X into new ROM.