Saholic.com, the online shopping site of Spice group which offers gadget deals has recently announced a new facility for the consumers -- 'Buy Online, Pickup In Store'. Under this option, customers will be offered to order products from Saholic and pick it up from any of the Spice Hotspot stores across the country.
Currently, the service is only available in Delhi/NCR region as a pilot, however the company will roll out the facility nationwide in months to come.
This facility has been introduced by the company after feedback from customers and reportedly, the main reason behind this facility is not only to save the time of the consumers but also to help you benefit from the online pricing, which is lower than the price in the retail stores. Also, this will be a good solution for those who do not want the products to be delivered to their address. Moreover, if you want to get the product immediately, this is a very useful facility by Spice.
Though this facility is new to Indian consumers, it is common in Western countries with the stores like Macy's, Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more, letting the online consumers to pick up their orders from the retail outlets.
The Chief Operating Officer for Spice Retail, Rajneesh Arora was quoted saying in a press statement, “The Spice Group runs a chain of more than 850 offline Spice Hotspot outlets. We also have a prominent online store Saholic.com. Thus we are uniquely positioned to offer an In Store pickup facility to online customers."
Commenting on the same, Pankaj Jain, the CEO for Spice Online Retail added "Customers have requested for a way to pick up a product at their convenience. Now we can guarantee availability at a predetermined price to Buyers, thus they can now combine the excitement of researching and buying online with the trust and speed of an offline pickup.”
How to place a ‘Pick Up’ Order?
Those interested to place an order can follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Go to Saholic.com, select the product he/she wants to buy.
2. At the shipping page, on the right tab, select the option 'pick from store.'
3. Filter by region to see stores closest to you and select a convenient store. The site offers 3 stores in each zone, which means that not all Spice Hotspots are offering pick-ups. When we selected our Zone, the nearest store was about 5kms away, though there are two stores in the vicinity.
4. The billing address can be your home or office address as per user convenience.
5. Users can choose to pay online through Credit Card, Debit Card, Prepay Card, Net Banking, EMI Option or can also Choose the ‘Pay At Store’ option to make the payment at the time of the pick-up.
6. Once complete, Saholic will email the date when the product will be available for the user to pick it up from the retail store.
Please note, the customer will need to show an identity proof at the store, and collect the order himself.