Sony has officially announced that the Japanese manufacturer has started rolling out Ice Cream Sandwich update for its latest smartphones including Xperia go, Xperia U and Xperia sola. According to Sony Mobile blogpost, the rollout will continue over the next few weeks in markets globally and along with ICS update the three smartphones will also receives new unique media applications.
"Today we're starting our software rollout for Xperia go, Xperia U and Xperia sola including Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 upgrade and new unique media applications. The rollout will continue over the next few weeks in markets globally," posted Sony on its official blog.
Some of the cool features and functionality you can look forward to include:
- New ways to experience your tunes, images, videos and films with Sony’s media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
Sony has stated that consumers will have to connect their Xperia phones to a PC or Mac in order to complete the update as it is not available over-the-air. On more information related to upgrading you can visit http://www.sonymobile.com/update and follow the instructions.