The Legal papers, filed with Ohio Southern District Court, states that while the boy was at school on 4th December last year, he heard a surprising pop from the instrument that was switched off. He had a burning sensation and later realised that his pants were on fire.
The telegraph quoted the document as saying: "Plaintiff A.V instantly ran to the bathroom and took off his burning pants with the help of his friend". It was also added that the iPod pop had burned through the boy's pants pocket and melted through his nylon/spandex underwear, burning his leg.
However, the company (Apple) is yet to issue a statement regarding the case. It's been assumed that that device's battery should have caused the alleged explosion. Long back in 2008 when a man suffered burns when his Mac laptop battery caught fire, the consumer electronic and software giant paid an undisclosed amount as a compensation.