It hasn’t been very long since Huawei launched the successful Huawei Ascend. Huawei Ascend was a moderate success, but apparently, that was quite satisfactory for Huawei because a new successor model of Huawei Ascend has already appeared in the mobile handset market. The new model is christened as Huawei Ascend II.
Huawei Ascend II is reported to be a CDMA handset with 117 x 61 x 12.7 mm dimensions and weighing in about 116 grams.
Key features of Huawei Ascend II
- 3.5 inch LCD TFT capacitive Touchscreen display with 320 x 480 pixels screen size
- Google’s Android v2.3 Gingerbread Operating System
- Qualcomm S1 MSM7627 processor with 600 MHz clock speed
- 160 MB Internal memory
- 2 GB microSD/TransFlash card included and supports extensibility of memory to up to 32 GB
- 5 Megapixel camera with geotagging and digital zoom features
- Video recording at 640 x 480 pixels resolution
- Built in GPS module with A-GPS
- Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP enabled
- microUSB 2.0 high speed
- Webkit based Android browser
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi connectivity
- 3G support 1xEV-DO rA
- 3.5mm standard audio jack
- 1400 mAh Lithium ion battery offering 3.7 Hours talktime and 300 hours standby time
- Limited Internal memory
- No Flash for camera
- No secondary camera
Huawei Ascend II apparently has a few cons as well. But considering the pros and the price, Ascend II will not be choice that you would regret. Huawei Ascend II comes with White color in the phone’s back side giving it a small iPhone look. It has a great responsive touchscreen but as per user reviews you will gradually wish if the display screen were a bit bigger. That which is most disappointing in Huawei Ascend II is its poor battery efficiency although it has a powerful 1400 mAh Li ion battery. The phone will run out of juice within maximum 4 hours.
Huawei Ascend II comes with a cooler camera than its predecessor, but disappointingly the camera doesn’t have flash which is quite a downside as the camera offers only an average quality for the images it capture. Apart from the 5 megapixel primary camera, Ascend II lacks a secondary camera at the front, meaning video conferencing is not an option. Although its internal memory is of a small size (160 MB), Huawei Ascend II support memory expandability for microSD or Transflash memory cards, to up to 32 GB. The phone comes equipped with a 2 GB memory card.
Android v2.3 Gingerbread Operating System is another plus point. But with a 600 MHz processor, don’t expect the phone to showcase great performance for a number of android apps that you downloaded. Huawei Ascend II is reported to have a price of about under Rs 20,000/- in India.