Apple has released the iOS 9.2 for iPhone, iPods, and iPads, which brings an array of new features, bug fixes and performance improvements to the iOS 9.1. Some of the features updates include addition to the Apple Music and accessibility, a new Top Stories section, improved Safari, and much more. The new update will smooth the user-experience and ensure that the issues faced by iOS 9.1 users get resolved.
Those of you who have received the OTA update can easily download it directly on their device, considering that it is faster and more efficient way of upgrading. However, if you want to do it through Software Update or iTunes, we give steps to do that.
Before we begin, we first give iOS users more details about the features and improvements of iOS 9.2 version.
• Apple Music improvements
• You can now create a new playlist when adding a song to a playlist
• Your most recently changed playlist is now listed at the top when adding songs to playlists
• Download albums or playlists from your iCloud Music *Library by tapping the iCloud download button
• See which songs have been downloaded with the new download indicator next to each song in My Music and Playlists
• See works, composers, and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog
• A new Top Stories section in News so you can stay up to date with the most important news of the day (available in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia)
• Mail Drop in Mail for sending large attachments
• iBooks now supports 3D Touch to peek and pop pages from the table of contents, your notes and bookmarks, or from search results inside a book
• iBooks now supports listening to an audiobook while you browse your library, read other books, or explore the iBooks Store
• iPhone support for the USB Camera Adapter to import photos and videos
• Improved stability of Safari
• Improved stability of Podcasts
• Fixing an issue that caused mail attachments to be inaccessible for some users with POP email accounts
• Resolving an issue for some users that caused attachments to overlap in text in mail -Fixing an issue where Live Photos could have turned off after restoring from a previous iCloud backup
• Addressing an issue that could cause search in Contacts to display no results
• Resolving an issue that could have prevented Calendar from displaying all seven days in week view
• Fixing an issue where Camera screen on iPad could be black when attempting to capture video
• Addressing an issue that could cause instability in the *Activity app when viewing the day of Daylight Savings Time transition
• Fixing an issue that could prevent data from appearing in Health
• Fixing an issue that could prevent Wallet updates and Lock screen alerts from displaying
• Addressing an issue where updating iOS could prevent an alarm from going off
• Fixing an issue where some users were unable to login to Find my iPhone
• Fixing an issue that prevented some manual iCloud Backups from completing
• Addressing an issue where the iPad keyboard could unintentionally trigger text selection mode
• Improved keyboard responsiveness when using Quick Reply
• Improved punctuation input on the 10-key Chinese (Pinyin & Stroke) keyboards with new expanded view of punctuation *symbols and better predictions
• Fixing an issue on Cyrillic keyboards where caps lock would be enabled when typing in URL or email fields
• Accessibility improvements
• Fixing issues with VoiceOver when using Camera face detection
• Adding support for VoiceOver to wake up the screen
• Adding support for VoiceOver to invoke app switcher with 3D Touch gesture
• Fixing an issue with Guided Access when trying to end phone calls
• Improved functionality for Switch Control users when using 3D Touch
• Fixing an issue with speech rate of Speak Screen
• Siri support for Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
Steps to install it using Software Update on iPhone or iPad
1. Ensure that have taken iCloud backup of your data on phone, and make sure that you have enough space on your device to download the update.
2. Open your iOS device, go to home screen and launch Settings.
3. Settings > General > Software Update
4. Now, tap on Download and Install option.
5. You can enter your Password, in case it ask for.
6. Agree to the Terms and Conditions that follow, and Confirm again.
7. Tap Install Now to begin the update.
How to install iOS 9.2 via iTunes on Mac or Windows PC
1. Take iTunes backup, and keep it in encrypted mode so that your password and other private data remain safe.
2. Open iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC
3. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using USB to Lightning or USB to 30-pin Dock cable.
4. Select device icon and go to the device tab.
5. Select Check for Update in the Summary tab.
6. You can now click on Download and Update.
7. Enter the Passcode on your iPhone or iPad, if prompted.