Apple iPhone 7 Causes Severe Second Degree Burns to a Sydney Woman: Here's How You Can Stay Safe

A Sydney woman has claimed to have suffered severe burns after falling asleep on her iPhone 7.

Of late we've been hearing a lot about smartphones catching fire, especially the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 owing to faulty batteries. Samsung has even called for a global recall of the Galaxy Note 7 to make some damage control.

Apple iPhone 7 Causes Severe Second Degree Burns to a Sydney Woman

Just at the time when things seem to have cooled down a bit, another news poped up on the internet. But this time around, it's the Apple iPhone 7.

SEE ALSO: Use this Simple Trick to find Working ATM Machines and Cash Around You

Reportedly, an Australian Woman named Melanie Tan Pelaez claimed that she has suffered a second-degree burn on falling asleep on her iPhone 7 after watching a movie. Apparently, the iPhone was plugged into the charger all the time.

Apple iPhone 7 Causes Severe Second Degree Burns to a Sydney Woman

She took it to her Facebook page to caution other iPhone users to be careful. Her post read "I recently purchased an Apple iPhone 7 and accidentally fell asleep with my arm on my phone while it was charging. I was woken up by sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath."

SEE ALSO: This App is Helping People find Working ATM Machines and Cash

"The hospital did a number of tests and told me the mark was a burn from a foreign object and told me to check around my bed to see what could be the cause of the injury. We matched the markings on my arm to the phone and charger," she added.

While the reason behind this is still unknown, Apple is reportedly investigating the incident.

SEE ALSO: Here's How Reliance Jio Users Can Book Tickets Without Cash Via Smartphone

We urge our readers to stay safe and follow the below instructions to protect themselves from smartphone explosions.

Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!

Do not charge and use the smartphone simultaneously

Firstly, stop using your smartphone while it's charging. We can't stress enough how worse it can get on using a smartphone when its plugged into the charger.

Stop charging it if it gets too hot

If your smartphone is getting too hot while it's charging, immediately stop charging it. Allow it to cool down for a while before re-charging it again. Also, make sure that you don't cover the device so that the heat can escape easily.

Click Here for New Smartphones Best Online Deals

Use the bundled charger only

Never use chargers other than the ones that came along with the smartphone because different chargers come with different voltage and current. What this essentially means is that not all chargers may not be compatible with your smartphone.

Don’t leave your smartphone under the pillow while charging it

Leaving the smartphone under a pillow or on a bed while charging it will heat it up quickly and chances are high that it will explode if it's overheated.

Don’t charge it for longer durations of time

Lately, most of the smartphones are coming with fast charging technology. An hours charge will most probably last for a good time (even a day on some smartphones).  So, check if the device is fully charged intermittently and make sure to avoid overcharging.

Click Here for New Smartphones Best Online Deals

Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!

Please Wait while comments are loading...
Opinion Poll