How does it feel when your gem of a smartphone is on fire beside you? Go and ask Ankur Dugar. And by fire I mean it literally!
Ankur has been using the OnePlus One for quite some time now. But last night it wasn't quite ordinary. The gentlemen living in New Delhi, went off to bed late last night at 2am with his prized possession the OnePlus One lying beside him on his bed - hooked on to the charging port. I believe this is a schedule that he follows on daily basis.
SEE ALSO: 10 Must Read Biographies Of Tech Leaders
At somewhere around 9am in the morning Ankur was woken up by a smell of fire. Soon he noticed that his device lying beside him was on fire. He was lucky enough though to get away unscathed with the event. But in case he wouldn't have woken up by the burning smell, things may have panned out quite differently.
On calling the OnePlus customer care number he was greeted fittingly by saying, ‘Go to the service centre, if you replacement is approved, you will get a replacement'. This is an answer that any customer would like to hear from the company, post waking up to see their device burning.
Nevertheless the images shared by Ankur reveal that the part of the device boasting the battery has been damaged the most. Much of the device is completely burned! Have a look at the fate of this ‘unlucky' OnePlus One via the images shared by Ankur.