Nokia Lumia 1020, the 41-megapixel camera phone which came out as a huge upgrade to the Finnish smartphone maker's former Windows Phone offering is now heading to Indian boundaries. Launched in July 2013 in a New York event with a plethora of feature enhancements, now the PureView 808 sensor incorporated Lumia phone is all set to take stage in India this Thursday.
Yes, GizBot has just come to know from a company source familiar to the matter that the most-awaited smartphone of the year in the Indian mobile space - the Nokia Lumia 1020 is going to launch on September 26, in a Delhi event this week.
Meanwhile, the super camera phone is already up for pre order on e-commerce sites including Snapdeal at a price of Rs 2,000. Also, the Nokia India store has listed the phone on it's official website under 'Coming Soon' tag. Further, Nokia has also teased the phone launch in India on it's Facebook page a couple of times recently.
Besides this, the source has also confirmed that Lumia 1020 will release in Indian with the same 32GB internal memory and 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor. Right now, the inside source has given no clue on the pricing of the handset, GizBot expects it somewhere around Rs 40,000.
Nokia Lumia 1020 - Other features
- Windows Phone 8 Operating system.
- HERE location services Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+; Free HERE Transit available in the Store.
- 4.5 inch Amoled WXGA display (1280x768), 2.5 D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 3, PureMotion HD+, ClearBlack, high brightness mode, sunlight readability, super sensitive touch, Nokia Glance Screen.
- 2000 mAh battery, wireless charging supported via cover.
- PureView 41 MP with optical image stabilization, Resolution: 7712 x 5360. Includes Nokia Pro Camera. Xenon flash for still images, LED flash for video.
- Front facing camera HD 1.2 MP wide angle.
- 2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory; 7 GB free SkyDrive cloud storage.