Back in July 2013, GizBot reported that Samsung Galaxy S4 burnt down a whole apartment, followed by another explosion story in Ontario during December 2014. Where, a student in Ontario left her Galaxy Ace 2x on charging and slept, the result was terrible! As the phone caught fire and exploded next to her pillow.
The current burning smartphone story is also from Samsung.
Well, the latest one comes from a Reddit user AlmostARockstar, who posted that his Galaxy S4 caught fire while he was charging overnight. He also mentioned that he replaced his ballooned battery with a original one which he bought from the nearest Vodafone shop. Samsung unveiled Galaxy S4 back in 2013 with higher expectations, but issues like this centered around and brought the sales down.
Stories like this will end up with the theories saying, the battery used was a fake one, he might did some tweaks, mods to firmware etc, but in this case the user confirmed that he didn't modify the original firmware nor rooted it, rather, he used the original battery for charging which he got from the verified store.
Even the replaced battery is an original factory made. The user didn't got any response from the Samsung officials so far. So we will need to wait and watch to see how the tech giant Samsung will handle the present case.
Stay tuned To GizBot for more updates!