After the successful slew of launches accomplished in the year 2013, now the South Korean tech giant has come up with a dream smartphone for all the photographers out there - be it pro or beginners. Yes! Samsung has today put an end to all the rumors and has announced the launch of Galaxy S4 Zoom, a heavyweight handset combined with the likes of advanced photographic capabilities.
As far as the specifications of the new smartphone are concerned, the Galaxy S4 Zoom boasts most of the main features of the recently launched S3 successor - Samsung Galaxy S4. This includes, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS and software features including the Touchwiz UI, Story Album, Samsung Link, Samsung Hub, a one-stop destination for all of the latest music, videos, books and games, Group Play and more.
The other specification are a bit different. Like, the Galaxy S4 Zoom will sport a 4.3 inch qHD Super AMOLED (960x540) screen, 8GB Internal memory and microSD slot (up to 64GB), 1.5GHz Dual-Core Processor, 1.5GB RAM, Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Infrared port and a 2,330 mAh battery. The dimensions of the phone with standard battery would be 125.5 x 63.5 x 15.4 mm along with a weight of 208 gram.
This sounds a little stripped down version as compared Galaxy S4 specifications, however, not to forget; that Samsung Galaxy S4 is focused on the audience who love to click beautiful pictures from there smartphones. Hence lets take a look at the key features of the smartphone.
- The rear camera of Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom boasts 16MP CMOS Sensor with x10 Optical Zoom, OIS and Xenon Flash coupled with enhanced SMART Modes, while the front facing camera is only 1.9MP.
- Further, the camera will come sporting many features including SMART features like Smart mode suggest, Beauty face, Best photo, Continuous shot and also Best face, Kids shot, Landscape, Dawn, Snow, Macro, Food, Party/Indoor, Action freeze, Rich tone (HDR), Panorama, Waterfall, Animated photo, Drama, Eraser, Sound & Shot, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Fireworks and Light trace.
- Moreover, Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom has a revolutionary new Zoom Ring, which is quite intuitive, as claimed by the manufacturer. Samsung says, "When you're in the middle of a phone call and you see something you absolutely have to share, a quick twist of the Zoom Ring will activate the In-Call Photo Share feature, letting you capture and send an image directly via MMS to whoever you are talking to simply."
- For easy camera navigation, the Zoom Ring can be used to activate the Quick Launch and Shortcut features, giving access to multiple camera modes including Auto, Gallery and Smart Mode with a simple twist.
- Then there is a feature called 'Photo Suggest' which connects to huge libraries of images taken by fellow photographers. Photo Suggest can also direct the user to the ideal nearby location which will give you the vantage point you need for that perfect photo.
- Also the Smart Mode feature in Galaxy S4 Zoom, will offer pre set modes for pro photography. And the Drama Shot will merge continuous shots of moving objects into a single composed image. Then there is also Action Freeze to capture high-speed action pictures.