After the Samsung Galaxy Note II saw the arrival of the KitKat update towards the end of last week, another smartphone player, Xolo today announced that they've begun rolling out the latest Android update for their Q1000 Opus.
Domestic vendor Xolo has released Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for the Q1000 Opus that was originally launched back in December. Not surprisingly, the Q1000 Opus is the company's first phone to get the latest Android update.
The update is now available both over-the-air as well via manual download from the company website and weighs in at around 256 MB (so we suggest you download it over Wi-Fi).
Owners of the Q1000 Opus in India can now run the newest version of Android on their device. The update brings improved dialer and download apps, cloud-print support, immersive mode, restyled status and navigation bars, color emoji, printing support, a new camera UI and much more.
Here's how you can upgrade your Xolo Q1000 Opus to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat (this is applicable only when you selected manual download method):
- Visit XOLO.in to download the manual software update
- Download the file from the Download link to your computer and ensure the file is saved the name: update.zip
- Copy the Upgrade Software to Your Phone
- Launch ‘XOLO Care' app
- In ‘UPDATE' tab, click on ‘Check for software update'
- Click ‘Check for updates'
- Click ‘Continue'
- Now your Q1000 Opus will reboot and install the update.