Pioneer has recently announced its new pair of on-ear headphone products dubbed as SE-MJ591 and SE-NC21M. SE-MJ591 is a specially designed audiophile headphone which is apt for critical listening whereas SE-NC21M is a noise cancelling headphone.
Talking in detail about the new Pioneer SE-MJ591 audio headphone, it includes 40mm drivers which feature aerospace grade plastics. This plastic build is mainly intended for undistorted and enhanced bass reproduction. It also consists of a high quality aluminium diaphragm which is meant for ensuring superior performance in the natural non fatiguing high frequencies.
The aluminium alloy components included will guarantee high durability and also offer high quality aesthetics. SE-MJ591 showcases good audio quality along with craftsmanship in a compact and comfy design pack to provide users with an ultimate solution of music listening experience.
Some of the other key specs of this Pioneer’s flagship SE-MJ591 audiophile grade headphone include:
- 1.2 m detachable single-sided elastomeric coated cord
- 3.5mm Mini Plug
- 7.95 x 10.70 x 2.76 inches
- Aluminium alloy slider pate
- Durable leather-like ear pad covers
- Frequency range of 5 - 40,000Hz
- Gross Weight of 1.4 lbs
- High-quality hinged metal hanger and band
- Impedance value of 32 ohms
- Leather-like cushioned headband
- Luxury Carry Pouch
- Matte finish with diamond-cut logo
- Maximum Power of 1,000mW
- Memory urethane foam ear pads
- Newly designed large diameter driver unit
- Sensitivity of 108 dB
The Copper coated aluminium wire voice coils included in SE-MJ591 will deliver the users with clear realistic mid frequencies. Moreover, Pioneer has provided cushioned headband and ear pads in this audiophile headphone so as to offer high comfort during long hours of listening. Detachable cord is also made available to assure durability and easy storage capability.
In addition to all these features, SE-MJ591 is specially designed to be a compact lightweight gadget with folding option for easy portability which makes it apt even for on the move usage. Regrettably, SE-MJ591 won’t be compatible with the first generation iPhone or with any other devices which features a lower-level audio input.
Coming to SE-NC21M, this fully enclosed dynamic headphone reduces approximately 90% of ambient noise.
Some of the other key features of SE-NC21M include:
- 1.5 m cable
- 10 - 22,000 Hz frequency response
- 120 g weight
- 30 mm Driver Unit
- Enjoy 120 hours of noise cancelling
- Glossy finish
- Gold plated 3.5 mm 3P mini-plug
- Impedance of 145 Ω (on) / 44 Ω (off)
- In-flight plug adaptor
- Sensitivity of 92 dB (on) / 95 dB (off)
- Single manganese (alkaline) AAA battery
- Soft fit headband cushion