Windows 8 is creating lot of excitement among the consumers as it has many new features and due to the fact that it runs on ARM architectures. This new Microsoft operating system will hit the tablets soon. When you compare the desktop version and the tablet version, the latter has slight differences in the user interaction. The main reason for this difference is because the tablets are touch centric devices. The gestures have a greater significance in these devices.
Now we shall focus on the new gestures that actually design the Windows 8 experience. Each of these gestures have mouse equivalents but it is the touch that has driven the design. Let us see these in detail.
1. Swiping from right to left seems to be a simple one but it has huge importance as it adds additional system settings to the charms bar.
2. Sliding from bottom up will unlock the tablet and also bring a bar with the Metro apps. Swiping in the opposite direction will close these apps.
3. Tapping and holding will bring a menu or some additional details of the item.
4. Single tap on an item will open the app, as simple as it is.
5. Holding the finger and sliding to the sides or up and down will let you to scroll between the lists and items. You can then pinch to zoom or multi-touch to rotate the items.
After seeing these gestures and their actions, you might recollect some ideas of the webOS. Do you accept with this comparison? What are your impressions about Windows 8? Do mention your opinion in our comments section.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!