ICICI bank launched a unique way to access all of it's banking services using just a Twitter account. This is the first of this kind that the largest private bank in the country comes up with an idea to link the on-going banking services with the social media Twitter account. By using icicibankpay one can transfer money to anyone of the customer to their Twitter account irrespective of the bank, recharge the mobile phones, view the account balance and can check the last 3 transactions.
"ICICI Bank has always been a pioneer in using path-breaking and innovative technology to reach out to its customers. It has been our endeavour to anticipate our customers' needs and be where our customers are. With the growing prominence of social media in every-day life, we believe our customers would be delighted to have yet another avenue which allows them to bank while they are on social media.
In line with this, we introduced the world's most comprehensive banking facility on Facebook in 2013. Now, ‘icicibankpay' will help our customers to execute banking transactions while they are socialising on Twitter. This innovation is in line with our philosophy of ‘khayaal aapka' wherein we offer products and services which make banking easier and more convenient for our customers," said Mr. Rajiv Sabharwal, Executive Director, ICICI Bank during launch.
In this generation all the people are more into the virtual world, social media etc than being in the real world. So this icicibankpay is a good initiative when it comes to ease all of its banking services. The customer with an ICICI bank account ( savings ) can enjoy this icicibankpay, for this they need to have a mobile number registered to the bank account and a Twitter account.This is the next step after mobile banking and Netbanking.
How to register for icicibankpay:
1.Follow the official twitter account of @ICICI Bank
2. Send a direct message in the following format:
Eg: #reg 8686286993
3. An OTP (One Time Password) will be received in your registered mobile number, send the same to the twitter account via direct message in the following format.
Eg: #regotp 641235
By following these steps you can successfully have an access to use the icicibankpay with which you can check your balance, view the last 3 transactions etc.
How to transfer money with icicibankpay:
1. Send a direct message to the recipient's Twitter account by following the below format:
Eg: #Pay @gizbotcom 10200
2. After sending the direct message, the sender will get a 4 digit redemption passcode which he/she has to share with the receiver. ( the passcode will expire in 3 days). The receiver will also get a tweet from the bank with a link.
3. In order to receive the money, the receiver has to click on the link specified in above step which will lead to a secured page, there the receiver/beneficiary has to claim his twitter account by providing all the details like his/her name, account number, IFSC code and finally the 4 digit redemption passcode. If all the details are correct, he/she will receive the transferred money from the sender/customer.
How to check the account balance/recent transactions:
By using icicibankpay, one can check the account balance and the 3 recent transactions. These can be done by using #bal and #itran
How to recharge a prepaid mobile number:
In order to recharge a prepaid mobile number one should follow the following format:
Eg: #TopUp 8686286993 8344 100
Note: operator code varies with the region and the operator you are using.