In quest of turning our ‘unsmart' homes, smart Philips today launched their Hue series connected LED India. As expected the bulbs won't be as cheap as the ordinary LED bulbs out there, but it definitely brings lightings in a lot to the platter.
You may be already wondering why we are at all calling these LED bulbs smart. Hue LED bulbs allows users to control home lighting using their smartphones or tablets and supports both Android and iOS. The Philips Hue range for India include Hue Starter Kit which includes the bridge and three Hue Lamps, Hue Go, Hue Beyond - the luminaire family and Friends of Hue - LightStrips and Bloom.
Now coming to usage, one has to simply plug in the bridge provided with the Hue Starter Kit into the Wi-Fi Router. Then plugin in the LED bulbs into existing bulb holders in your home. Follow this up by downloading the Hue app from Playstore/iOS market via which you can remotely control home lightings, use custom settings and program timers to help manage daily schedules. Philip Hue is further upgradable and future proof. The 9W Hue Lamp offers 360lm at 2000K, 510 lm at 3000K and 600 lm at 4000K.
Highlights of the Philips Hue LED range:
- Connect up to 50 lights and control them on a smart device
- Use the timer to set alarms and change your lights over time
- Set your lights to a calming, soft tone to help you relax
- Set lights to turn on and off when you're away from home
- Turn your photos into a palette of color for your lights
- Specifically designed light recipes to help you focus
- Preset white light temperature to help boost body and mind
- Set light to the tuned white for reading
- Create an account and access your lights from anywhere
- 16 million colors from an internet-enabled light bulb
- ZigBee technology lets you update your lights wirelessly
The Hue Starter Kit will go on sale in India from today at a price of Rs 16,995. The Hue Lamps are also available separately too at Rs 3,995. But these are aimed at customers who previously own the Hue Starter Kit, as those LED bulbs are useless without the bridge. The Hue Range of products is available through authorized Philips Light Lounges, select retail chains like Croma and Reliance Digital across India. Online users can purchase the device at Snapdeal too.
Commenting on the launch, Harsh Chitale, CEO, Philips Lighting - South Asia, said:
Philips Hue will change the way people have experienced and interacted with lighting till now. Connected LED lighting redefines the possibilities with lighting taking it beyond illumination and creating value to enhance our lives.
George Yianni, Head of Technology - Connected Lighting, Co-Inventor of Philips Hue said:
At Philips, we always strive to push the boundaries of light and technology to deliver meaningful innovations that go on to become industry benchmarks. More than just a personal wireless lighting system, Hue is a platform with an ever-growing selection of third-party apps (more than 300 at present) that deliver exciting outcomes in the Internet of Things environment.