Today is the 9th of June and many cities across India will see the enthusiasts fight for the internet freedom. Anonymous has been prepping for this day since a month. The protests that are held today will be strictly non-violent and peaceful.
On the OpIndia website, Anonymous has posted some ground rules for maintaining peace. They have mentioned that the protesters should not use vehicles as it might cause accidents. They should not have any harmful weapons or stones. The printable version of the Guy Fawkes Mask is available on the web for those who want to wear it. The protesters are asked to bring banners and placards for the cause.
The hackers group has said that protesters can use cameras and smartphones to record the event and stream it online. They have stressed on that point that if police blocks the way, stay 50 meters away from them. Protesters are not supposed to burn any figures and they can hand over any one trying to cause violence to the police.
Below is the list of cities where the protest will be taking place.
- Mumbai: Azad Maidan, 4 pm till 5:40 pm
- Delhi: Jantar Mantar, 4 pm till 7 pm
- Chandigarh: The Plaza, Sector 17, 4 pm till 6:35 pm
- Indore: Regal Square, no time has been specified
- Kolkata: South City Mall, Prince Anwar Shah Road, 4 pm till 8 pm
- Hyderabad: Necklace Road: 4 pm till 8 pm
- Bengaluru: MG Road, 4 pm
- Kochi: Marine Drive, 4 pm till 5:30 pm
- Calicut: Opposite Beach Hotel, 4 pm
- Pune: Shivaji Nagar, 4 pm
- Ahmedabad: Vastrapur: 5 pm
If you join the Anonymous protest today, you will be backed by over 350 students and professionals who have already reported to join the same. The protest is to show their dislike to the John Doe Order as per which the ISPs were blocking the file sharing and major torrent sites. Anonymous has already paid it back by hacking the government sites - MTNL, Supreme Court and Congress.
What is your view on this? Are you joining the protest? Please do share your thoughts in the comments section below.