Apple has finally launched its much awaited biggest ever iPad, called iPad Pro, in India. The iPad Pro dons a 12.9-inch screen and boasts powerful specifications. The all new iPad is pretty expensive, with the price of the 32GB storage Wi-Fi-only variant being kept at Rs 67,900, and the 128GB model at Rs 79,900, going up to Rs 91,900 for 128GB, 4G LTE variant. This is also the first iPad from Apple that gets Apple Pencil stylus, something which Apple's late CEO Steve Jobs would have never approved. The Apple Pencil comes for Rs 8,600 in India, and Smart Keyboard for Rs 14,900.
The iPad Pro is a hybrid stylus that sits in between the iPad and the Mac Book Air. As for its specifications, it features a 12.9-inch Retina display with 2732 x 2048 pixels resolution and is powered by Apple A9X chipset. The tablet measures 6.9mm thick and, despite its size, weighs in at 713 grams.
For those who have just bought the very premium iPad Pro or are planning to buy it, here we give you 10 steps on how to set it up.
1. Turn it on by pressing the Power button and begin the set up process. Select your preferred language, and then select your country from the given list of options.
2. Now select the Keyboard, and then choose your preferred Wi-Fi network from the list and activate it. The iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular variant users will receive a welcome message. The iPad will be activated even without the SIM card.
4. Continue, and enable/ disable Location Services. Enabling location would help you in apls like Find My iPad.
5. In the next step, you can set up Touch ID fingerprint sensor, which will allow you to unlock your iPad Pro using finger recognition tech without needing a passcode. To set it up, place your finger or thumb on Home button till the device registers it's impression.
Once the Touch ID is ready, you can use fingerprint scanner for unlocking your iPad Pro.
6. You will now be directed to create a Passcode. Enter a six-digit passcode, and then confirm it. You can also set a 4-digit passcode or a custom numeric passcode by tapping on Password Options. Despite registering on Touch ID, you will still need the passcode to unlock your iPad Pro for the first time after rebooting your iPad.
7. Set your iPad Pro as a New iPad, or restore from iCloud Backup or iTunes Backup. In case you want to transfer data from Android, Move Data from Android.
8. You will then need to sign in with your Apple ID or create a Free Apple ID. Those who already have an Apple ID, simply select sign in with Your Apple ID and password. Verify your identity.
9. Read Terms and Conditions, and agree to proceed. your Apple ID, and update iCloud settings.
Set up iCloud Keychain on your new iPad.
10. Now you can set up Siri, which is the personal voice assistant for assistance.
Once you are done, Get Started to go to the Home screen. Your iPad Pro is now set and ready for use.