In order to remain competitive and hold back customers, all other mobile network providers like Bharti Airtel, Idea, BSNL, Vodafone, Aircel, and Docomo have dropped its regular call and data charges massively and introduced several new attractive packages.
As an effect, in midst of new telecom offers somewhere the RJio effect had started to dim. In the last few days, there have been talks that Reliance Jio may end free calls after their 'Welcome Offer' is over on December 31, 2016.
And the rumors started after TRAI's interrogation on Reliance Jio regarding how the telco is offering free calls to customers, especially when interconnect usage charges cost 14 paise per call.
As a response, many Jio officials reportedly committed that Jio calls will always remain free even if they have to take the burden of interconnect usage charges. However, Jio is hopeful that TRAI will end the archaic rule of interconnect charges to draw the new dynamics of Indian telecom space.
Reliance Jio is committed to Ccreate a Digital Ecosystem
One question that strikes after this decision of Reliance Jio is- whether it's a worthy business strategy or not? But before coming to any conclusion, it is worth knowing that Reliance Jio is looking forward to create a digital ecosystem in India and providing free calls and free 4G internet is just the first step towards that goal.
What All We Can Expect from Reliance Jio in Coming Days?
Reliance Jio is committed to bring several smart devices and various apps to bring clarity on their vision of building a digital ecosystem in India. A few of them are as follows.
1. Jio plans to bring a solution that promises to turn your ordinary car into a smart car.
2. In the next few months, Jio plans to launch an OBD (On Board Diagnostic) based device which will also act as a hotspot with an ability to connect up to 10 devices and allow access to the internet.
3. Along with the OBD, Reliance Jio is also developing JioCarConnect mobile app that would help car owners to capture all information in real-time about the car, starting from battery to fuel and brake oil.
4. Together, the device and app will enable users to have features like remote location tracker, remote lock-unlock, power windows, headlight on-off and much more.
5. Apart from these, Jio also plans to launch Digital Smart Home solutions and various initiatives on health, education, and entertainment space.