Prior to the commercial availability, the Reliance Jio service was available only to specific users such as LYF phone users. Back then, the speed of the network was pretty good ranging from 10 to 20 Mbps.
Now, with the launch of the Jio service, there is a heavy load on the servers of the network. Eventually, the download and upload speed of the network has reduced drastically in many places. In the worst case scenarios, the Reliance Jio users are experiencing very low speeds of just 150 to 500 kbps.
For those Reliance Jio users who are interested in boosting the speed of their 4G connectivity to a great extent, we have come up with a list of tricks that will let you increase your Reliance Jio 4G speed to a great extent. Take a look at some of these tricks from here.
Change the APN Settings
To change the APN settings, you can try the following steps.
- Go to settings
- Choose Mobile networks
- Set Preferred network type to LTE & press back button
- Select Access Point Names (APN)
- Scroll down until you see ‘APN protocol' option and change it to IPv4/IPv6
- Again scroll & select ‘Bearer' option & choose ‘LTE'
- Save all the settings
- Turn on your data connection & check the speed
For Rooted Phones
- Download 3G/4G Speed Optimizer apk on your phone, select network speed as 12/28/7 that is the maximum speed and low battery efficiency option.
- Click on ‘Apply Tweak'.
- Restart your phone and notice the increase in the speed.
Using VPN without Rooting
- Download ‘Snap VPN‘ from the Play Store. This app is available for free of cost.
- The app will show many countries and the signal strength against each one will also be displayed.
- Select the country with a good strength and connect to it.
- Keep trying if it doesn't open in the first attempt.
- Once the connection is established, download some files to check the network's speed.
Changing LTE Band
- Download MTK Engineering Mode from the Play Store. You need not download the app if you are aware of the USSD code to enter into it
- Change to LTE Band 40 with 2300 MHz
- Set FDD-LTE to 1800/850 MHz
- Further you can also use Speedify to get even more speed.
- Save all the changes
Using different server name
- Go to your APN setting & scroll down
- In server section, type www.google.com & save settings
- Reconnect your internet & check speed again
This works on smartphones that run on stock Android.
- Open settings → More → Cellular networks
- You will see JioNet as an existing APN, click it
- There will be an option like ‘bearer unspecified'
- Modify it to LTE and save settings