Do you know that you can set your own photo or photos as a custom watch face on your Apple Watch? Apple released the Watch OS 2 update for its smart wrist wearable called the Watch a few months back. The update brings new features and capabilities, improvements and bug fixes to its Apple Watch. One of the new feature additions in the update includes the option to create custom watch face backgrounds using photos stored in the iPhone.
Let's first take a recap of the specs of the Apple Watch, which got launched in India a month back at a price starting from Rs. 30,900. The Watch comes in two variants including the 38mm variant with 1.34-inch AMOLED display with 272x340 pixels at 326ppi, and a 42mm version 1.54-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 312x390 pixels at 326ppi.
If you want to customize the Apple Watch face to get a new face with your own photo or do more, you can follow simple steps and give your Watch a new face.
How to change a Watch face:
Just in case you don't know how to change the current face instantly, you can do this:
- Firmly press the display showing a Watch Face in the background.
- Tap Customize.
- Swipe to see all the other faces in your collection, and to select features.
- Now, turn the Digital Crown to adjust.
- You can also add special features, called complications, to some watch faces that will allow you to check stock prices, or weather report, or information from other apps installed for the Watch.
- Once you are done selecting and adjusting, press the Digital Crown to save your changes.
- Simply tap on the face you like to switch.
Customize your own photos for a new Watch Face:
To create a new Watch face with your own photo, you will first need to sync a photo album on your iPhone with your watch.
- Now, launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down, tap on Photos.
- Select Synced Album.
- Store it.
- You can save up to 500 photos on your watch and can use them as faces.
- Now, hard press on the current watch face showing.
- Swipe to the right and tap the New button (+).
- Swipe up and down to browse for design, and customize it.
Delete a Watch face from your collection:
If you want to remove or delete a Watch Face from your Apple Watch, firmly press the display with the current watch face showing.
- Now, swipe to the face you don't want to use anymore.
- Swipe it up, and tap Delete.
- Apple Watch allows you to add the watch face again later.