- Finance ONGC Stock Cracks Below Rs. 100 Share: Should You Buy The Stock?
- News Maha Shivaratri 2020: Why you shouldn't offer Tusli and wear black dress on Shivaratri
- Sports Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Paris Saint-Germain: Haaland brace stuns returning Tuchel
- Movies Varane Avashyamund Box Office 10 Days Collection Report: Dulquer Salmaan Strikes Gold Again!
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
iBall Musi Twins Review: Great Design, Amazing Sound At A Fraction Of Cost
iBall has been in the accessories business for a long time. The company is known for offering affordable computer peripherals with the latest technology. The company recently launched the iBall Musi Twins which won the 'Red Dot Award' for its design for its unique approach of fusing two Bluetooth speakers into one.
- One Of A Kind Design
- Amazing Battery Life
- No AUX Input
- A Bit Heavy
I have been testing the iBall Musi Twins for the last few weeks and it retails for Rs. 3,990. Here is the full review of this unique Bluetooth speaker.
- BT Version: Ver. 4.2
- Total Output: 15 W RMS (7.5 W RMS for each speaker)
- Speaker Driver: 5.2 cm x 2
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz ~ 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: ≥75db
- Playback Time: Up to 12 Hrs
- Battery Charging Time: Up to 3 Hrs
- Product Weight: 850 g
- Dimension: 20.6 cm (H) x 7.8 cm (D) x 7.8 cm (W)
Design And Aesthetics -- Award-Worthy
The USP of the iBall Musi Twins is its design. Two Bluetooth speakers are fused together using a simple lock mechanism. If required these speakers can be used separately or as one unit.
The outer layer of the iBall Musi Twins is made using high-quality fabric and plastic that offers a good amount of grip even if the speaker is wet. The easy-to-open lock mechanism comes handy if you want to carry a single speaker without the whole deal.
The speaker looks premium and is slightly on the heavier side compared to its competition. I will not complain much about the weight, especially after considering the asking price.
One more interesting aspect of this speaker is the data cable that comes with the package has a USB-A port on one side and dual micro USB ports on the other. This makes it easy to charge it with a single power adapter.
Build Quality -- Pool Proof
The iBall Musi Twins is IPX7 rated for water and dust resistance and can be submerged up to 1meter deep water. I used this speaker while taking a shower and I did not notice any issues related to sound.
This speaker can be used as a party speaker, poolside sound system without worrying about water splashes. However, make sure that the charging port latches are intact before taking it to a pool party.
Sound Quality And Battery Life -- Best In Class
The iBall Musi Twins has a dual stereo speaker setup producing a total of 15W sound (7.5W + 7.5W). These speakers are placed opposite to each other to create a 360 surround sound.
The speaker definitely has a thumping bass output. However, the same cannot be said about mids and vocals. This is a bass overpowering sound unit and bass heads will love the output sound signature.
The speaker takes around three hours to charge from zero to 100 percent when charged using a 10W power adapter. The company claims that the device can last up to 12 hours. However, in my usage, the speaker lasted up to 9 hours with the sound set to 80 percent.
The iBall Musi Twins for an asking price of Rs. 4,000 is a good deal. However, it might not be perfect for everyone, especially for those who like to have a speaker with an AUX input.
Besides, the speaker is based on Bluetooth 4.2 and not on the latest Bluetooth 5.0 standard that offers a better range and higher bandwidth (will help while playing high-fidelity sounds).
Verdict -- Go For The Unique Form Factor
In the last few years, I have used a fair share of Bluetooth speaker and I haven't seen anything like the iBall Musi Twins. It is definitely not the best sounding speaker but it is not bad either.
If there is one reason to get this speaker that is the design that has even impressed the Red Dot Award jury. This is a perfect speaker to carry to your next trek.
If you are in search of a stealth looking Bluetooth speaker that does not cost a bomb and still has a great sound signature and design, the iBall Musi Twins is the one to go.