- 15 min ago Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Top Premium Smartphones
- 35 min ago WhatsApp: How To Hide WhatsApp DP From Specific Person
- 1 hr ago Acer 58-inch XL 4K UHD Smart TV Review: Better Than Xiaomi Mi TVs?
- 2 hrs ago Honor 50 Lite With SD 662 SoC, Honor 50 Goes Official Globally; When To Expect India Launch?
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Doll And Guards Costume From Squid Game And The Significance Of These Costumes Spoilers
- Automobiles Mercedes To Bring The Most Powerful Four-Cylinder Car In The World To India
- News Pegasus is an attempt to crush Indian democracy: Rahul Gandhi
- Movies Annaatthe Trailer Featuring Rajinikanth To Be Out Today At 6 PM!
- Sports T20 World Cup: After Lockie Ferguson, New Zealand batter Martin Guptill looks doubtful for India clash
- Finance Union Bank Home Loan: How To Apply With An Interest Rate of 6.40%
- Education JoSAA 2021 Seat Allotment Result Released, Here’s How To Check JoSAA Counselling Result 2021 Round I
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Lava Probuds 2 TWS Earbuds Review: Good Audio, Battery Backup Saves The Day
India over the years has become one of the favourite markets for technology brands. And we have seen numerous international brands (mostly Chinese) venturing into the consumer electronics segment and only a handful of homegrown brands.
- Affordable TWS earbuds
- Good audio output with punchy bass
- Decent battery backup
- Bit bulky earbuds
- No ANC support
Lava is one of those Indian brands which is expanding its venture beyond smartphones. The Pro Buds 2 TWS earbuds come as the latest addition to the company's audio product range. It is also a budget offering like Lava labelled smartphones that you can buy at Rs. 1,699. The budget TWS earbuds can be purchased online via Amazon and Flipkart and also Lava's official website.
The company is betting high on the Pro Buds 2 with its modern features and bass-rich audio. But how capable is this wireless earbud to fend off the competition and is it just the affordable pricing or any other aspect that saves the day? Here's what we think:
Lava Probuds 2 Design: Compact And Subtle
The Lava Probuds 2 is one of the most subtly designed earbuds. The matte texture both on the case as well as the earbuds gives it such appeal. The plastic used for both case (square-shaped) and the earbuds are of decent quality.
The case is compact than the majority of the TWS earbuds in the segment can fit in small pockets. The earbuds are a bit bulky and you might have slight discomfort wearing them for long.
They do snug-fit easily and somehow block the surrounding noises passively. The earbuds are touch-enabled and you can control media playback and volume by tapping gestures.
It's the appeal majorly and not the wearing comfort that wins the points here for the design. The Probuds 2 comes with IPX5 certification making it dust and water-resistant and suitable for outdoor activities.
Lava Probuds 2: Audio Performance Doesn’t Disappoint
The Lava Probuds 2 have been packed with 14mm dynamic drivers. The audio delivered by this large-sized driver is what saves the day for this budget earbuds. The audio output is not only loud but also powerful enough to justify the drivers' size.
The bass is heavy but doesn't overpower the mids and high which was the case with the Truke BTG series gaming TWS earbuds we reviewed recently.
The Lava Probuds 2's audio performance is satisfactory with all genres; specifically, if you are a fan of old country songs, you'll be impressed with the clarity levels. It doesn't disappoint users looking out for bass. The punch is adequate.
Lava Probuds 2: Connectivity And Battery
The Lava Probuds 2 integrates Bluetooth v5.0 for wireless connectivity. The wireless earbud can be easily paired with smartphones, tablets, and other devices that support this tech. We had no troubles with the pairing process.
You don't have to follow any complex steps to complete the pairing. Just take out the earbuds from the case and look for the Probuds 2 in the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone or compatible device.
The connectivity range is 10m and you won't experience any issues with the prime device being in range.
The Lava Probuds 2's charging case packs a 370mAh battery which allows for two to three full earbuds recharge. The company claims an additional backup of 18 hours with the case.
During our usage, the earbuds gave a backup of around five hours at moderate audio levels. We already have mentioned the additional charging capacity of the case.
Lava Probuds 2 Verdict: Gives A Tough Competition To Rivals
The Lava Probuds 2 might not be the most appealing TWS earbuds, but it is subtle yet powerful which makes space for it in the crowded budget segment.
The earbuds justify their affordable price tag with the decent build quality and good audio performance. That's what you need in the longer run.
And it's good to see one of the homegrown brands is understanding the audience requirement and has launched a product that isn't fancy but rather useful and pocket-friendly.