- 17 min ago James Webb Space Telescope’s Important Instrument Mode Down; Will It Affect Its Efficiency?
- 1 hr ago Oppo A17 With Helio G35, Leather Finish Back Panel Launched
- 1 hr ago Did Apple Just Cancel Its October Event? iPad Pro, MacBook Launch to Be a Simple Affair
- 1 hr ago Apple Festival Sale Begins in India; How to Get up to Rs. 7,000 Discount
- News Bandaru Wilsonbabu appointed next Ambassador to Madagascar
- Finance Buy This Good Dividend Paying Stock For Potential Upside Of More Than 36%: Emkay Global Financial
- Lifestyle Navratri Fasting Tips: 8 Ways To Have More Energy During Navratri Fast
- Movies Thalapathy 68 Update: Have Initial Talks For Vijay & Atlee Project Begun?
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Launched In India - Prices Range From Rs 10.45 To Rs 19.65 Lakh
- Travel Epic Winter Vacations In India: Trip Idea 2 – Kalka To Shimla On The Toy Train
- Sports Transfer Rumours: Phil Foden strikes the jackpot at Manchester City
- Education Download CBSE Class 10 Hindi A Sample Paper 2022-23 PDF Here
Skullcandy Sesh Wireless Earbuds Review: Good Audio But Bulky Design
With the onset of smartphones, the demand for digital accessories like headphones and powerbanks has seen an exponential spike. And it's the audio products industry that has seen major development over the past few years.
- Comfortable snug fit design
- Good Audio Output
- Bulky design
- Low battery backup
Brands like Skullcandy, Sennheiser, Audio Technica, JBL, and Sony have dominated the premium audio segment. SkullCandy is one of the most popular brands amongst the Indian masses and has launched a plethora of quality audio products.
We all would agree that Apple's Airpods are the best when it comes to truly wireless earphones. But a majority of the brands have introduced their iteration of truly wireless earphones.
SkullCandy Sesh is the latest entrant in the truly wireless segment. The earpods are launched at Rs. 5,999 and are available for sale online in the Deep Red and Fearless Black color option.
Skullcandy Sesh: Box Contents
The Sesh's retail box comprises following items:
- A pair of wireless earbuds
- Travel case that doubles up as a charger
- 3 different sizes of eartips (small, medium, and large)
- A microUSB charging cable
- Warranty card and a user manual
Skullcandy Sesh: Snug Fit But Bulky Case
Unlike the traditional stem-like design, the Skullcandy Sesh comes with a button like design. It is made out of decent plastic material with a soft rubber layer on the top.
There is a power key inside the upper rubber casing used to switch on the pair once taken out from the case. The good thing here is that the earbuds offer a snug fit design even with default eartips on.
You can, however, switch between three different eartips sizes. Also, it's a sweat-proof design and I didn't experience any discomfort with prolonged usage. Besides, it is IP55 certified, so you won't have to worry about sweat and drizzles.
Pressing the buttons while wearing the earbuds can cause slight discomfort. The reason is you could easily feel the pressure while switching on the earbuds. A soft-touch key would have done the trick here.
Overall, you will like the way it securely fits in the ear further allowing to block ambient noises.
Coming to the charging case, it is bulky as compared to the one available in the market nowadays. Carrying it in a pocket is discomforting, even though it is lightweight.
At the front of the case, there is a power key along with an LED battery indicator, while at the rear there is a microUSB port.
Skullcandy Sesh: Decent Audio And Calling Experience
Skullcandy is well-known for manufacturing good quality headphones that deliver high on audio. The Sesh is decent in terms of audio delivery. It produces a subtle bass complemented by balanced mids and highs.
Unlike the other cheap truly wireless headphones that have shrill audio, the Sesh sounds rather soft. It does a good job in terms of audio detailing and fairly distinct vocals from the instruments.
Its performance is well with all genres of music. Doesn't matter if you are a bass head or not, the audio delivered has enough punch to it. Moreover, I tested this pair with different genres and it didn't let me down with its performance.
At the maximum audio levels, you won't hear any distortions nor is it discomforting at any point. The calling experience is also decent on this pair. You won't experience any issues with connectivity and also there is no audio breakup.
Skullcandy Sesh: Battery Backup
Skullcandy has not specified the battery unit that powers the Sesh. However, it claims up to 3 hours of backup. The charging case delivers an additional fuel of over 3 hours. In my testing, the backup claimed by the company seems true.
With media playing over 70 percent you get more than 2.5 hours of backup. This is a bit letdown considering the other truly wireless earpods deliver at least 5 hours of backup with a single charge.
Moreover, the charging case is bulky, yet it delivers only 3 hours of extra backup. We expected a bit more fuel from both the earbuds as well as the charging case.
Skullcandy Sesh: Is It Worth The Buy?
The Sesh is amongst the most affordable truly wireless earbuds by Skullcandy. Thankfully, the company has not compromised on the audio quality in order to reduce the cost.
It isn't the best looking pair, but is extremely comfortable and can be worn at a stretch without any discomfort. What you will like here are the comfortable snug-fit design and rich audio.
But, the bulky case is what you need to compromise with. This is a good buy in the affordable truly wireless earphones segment.