- 4 hrs ago Realme To Launch 55-Inch Smart TV In India Soon
- 4 hrs ago Five Asteroids, Including 144ft wide 2020 KF To Flyby Earth Today: How Dangerous Is It?
- 6 hrs ago New Poco Smartphone Coming Soon To India: Is It Poco M2 Pro?
- 6 hrs ago Realme X3 Series Clears BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- News COVID-19: WHO retracts order, allows Hydroxychloroquine trials to resume
- Sports Coronavirus: One COVID-19 positive at Tottenham in Premier League's latest tests
- Movies Ashika Ranganath Opens Up About Raambo 2: ‘It Gave Me Recognition And Popularity’
- Automobiles Best-Selling Cars In India In May 2020: Auto Industry Witnesses Major Reshuffling Post Lockdown
- Finance Uday Kotak Becomes CII President
- Lifestyle What Are The Potential Warning Signs of Stomach Cancer?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Xiaomi Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones Review: Best Budget Earphones?
Xiaomi recently announced the affordable Mi Dual Driver in-ear earphones in the Indian market at a price of Rs. 799. As the name suggests, the standard 3.5mm earphones feature dual drivers, something we usually don't get to see in the budget price segment.
- Sturdy And Premium Design
- Comfortable Even With Prolonged Usage
- Magnetic Latch & Braided Cable For Better Operation
- Can Invoke Phone’s Voice Assistant
- Good Microphone Performance
- Mostly Suitable For Bass-Heavy Tracks
- Lacks Good EQ Tuning
We tested the affordable earphones to find out if these are the best budget earphones you can buy today in the Indian market. Let's find out.
Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones Key Specifications
Cable Length: 1.25m
Dual Dynamic Drivers: φ10+φ8mm
Remote Buttons: Volume Rockers, Play/Pause Button, Microphone
Cable Form Factor: Braided for main cable, TPE for trail cable
Jack Type: 3.5mm, L-shaped Connector
Rated Power: 5mW
Frequency Response Range: 20-40000Hz
Warranty: 6 months limited warranty
Package Contents: Earphones 1 U, Eartips 6 U (3 Pairs: S/M/L), User Manual 1 U
Design- Sturdy, Tangle-Free And Look Premium
The ‘Y' shaped Mi Dual Driver earphones look premium and offer a sturdy design. The braided cable, one-of-the-thickest in this price segment adds strength to the structure and also prevents the long cable from tangling. I did not face any tangling issues with these budget earphones despite keeping them in jeans pockets, cases and laptop bag. The earphones have a 90-degree close-fitting L-shaped connector which allows for comfortable operation while using them with smartphones in landscape orientation, especially while playing games.
In-line Controller 3-Button Operation
The right chord has a three-button in-line controller with a microphone. It offers volume rockers and a play/pause button that also triggers your phone's voice assistant with a long press. We did not face any operational issues while using the earphones with Android devices.
Anodized Aluminum Earbuds With Magnetic Suction Backs
The Mi Dual Driver earphones feature premium quality anodized aluminium earbuds. The matt finish earbuds have a fingerprint-resistant build and have magnetic suction rear shells that help in the storage and wearing process. They don't pause the audio when attached, a feature offered by wireless earphones.
The earbuds have angular tips which prevent discomfort during prolonged listening. I used these earphones on a stretch and did not face any uneasiness. The tips' rubber quality is decent and you get three pairs (S/M/L) of extra tips in the package to find the right fit for your ears. One thing which seems missing is the cable loop in the package.
The Mi Dual Driver earphones feature two components, instead of one, in each earbud. The 8mm+10mm dynamic drivers handle lows, mids and high frequencies separately. I am guessing that one driver takes care of low frequencies while the other handles mids and highs.
Resultant, the audio produced by these budget earphones is largely focused around bass delivery, which will please a large section of Indian users. You get a strong bass delivery, which makes the listening experience enjoyable with bass-centric tracks.
The booming bass does affect the mids and highs leaving these affordable earphones largely suitable for genres like dubstep and electro which have some heavy drops. There is no or minimal muffling at maximum volume, and so is the distortion; however, the bass is overpowering all other audio elements. Also, don't expect the Mi Dual Drivers to deliver surround sound experience.
Overall, these budget earphones lack a balanced frequency response and only work well for a certain type of genre. You can use the equalizer to make these earphones sound slightly better. As far as in-call audio is concerned, the Mi Dual Driver works wonderfully as daily drivers.
Should You Buy Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones?
With the Mi Dual Driver In-ear earphones, Xiaomi has focused more on the design part and ease of operation than the balanced audio delivery. The sound signature largely focuses on one type of genre and will not please true audiophiles. Some EQ tuning can help you derive good audio output from these budget earphones.
On the other hand, these affordable earphones offer a premium and sturdy design. The braided cable, magnetic latch and the angular tips benefit in the day-to-day operation and during prolonged listening. Overall, despite its shortcomings, the Mi Dual Driver In-ear earphones are a good pair of budget 3.5mm earphones if you don't expect much in the audio department.