- 14 hrs ago Jio True 5G Reaches Northeast India; Now Live In 191 Cities In India
- 16 hrs ago Realme GT Neo 3T 5G Vs iQOO Neo 6 5G: Specs, Display, Features, Compared
- 1 day ago Samsung Galaxy S23 Series Indian Prices Leak: Accessories For Flagship Android Phones Surface Too
- 1 day ago Redmi Note 12 5G Vs Poco X4 Pro 5G: Specs, Display, Features, Compared
- Sports India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I: Full List Of Award Winners, Player Of The Match, Stats, Post-Match Presentation
- Travel Origin: The Saga of Veerashaiva & Lingayat Mutts in India
- News Imran Khan's helicopter rides cost Pakistan Rs 1 billion
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Ankit Gupta Reveals Who Would He Pair Priyanka Choudhary With & His Answer Is……
- Lifestyle Lalita Sahasranama: Immeasurable Benefits Of Chanting It
- Education TANCET, CEETA 2023 registration will start from Feburary 1; Know How to Apply
- Finance Union Budget 2023: Delicate Act Of Maximizing Fiscal Impulse Amid Consolidation
- Automobiles Bid For Mahindra XUV400 One Special Edition Crosses 1 Crore Mark – Checkout All Details
Google To Roll Out Android 13 For Smart TVs With Multiple Features For Large Screens
Smart TVs running Google Android operating system have a major update. The search giant has indicated that Android 13 OS, optimized for smart TVs, is ready for rollout. The latest Android TV OS update brings multiple features to improve user experience, optimize power consumption, and offer customizations. Let's look at the features and functions Google has included in Android 13 TV OS.
New Features And Functions In Android 13 TV OS
Android 13 for smartphones is rolling out to some smartphones. Now Smart TVs too could start receiving the major OS update. Google assures Android 13 TV OS will offer enhanced performance, more customizations, and a tweaked UI for improved user experience.
Some of the notable features of Android 13 TV OS are as follows:
Smart Hardware Recognition For Content Delivery: The Android 13 TV OS will recognize games and streaming apps when they are being delivered through a large screen and will be able to offer the best possible audio experience with external speakers and soundbars. Android 13 OS allows apps to identify the output device and support formats before creating an audio track.
Hardware-Based Feature Customization: Users can manage parameters such as output resolution and refresh rate through HDMI source devices. This is possible because Android 13 can recognize the hardware and allow tweaking of specific settings.
Enhanced Power Management: Smart TVs running Android 13 will have an enhanced power management system. The feature optimizes the power consumption of TV sets and lowers electricity consumption when the device is in standby mode.
Hardware-Level Mute Switch For Privacy Settings: Certain Privacy settings will become available on Smart TVs running Android 13 TV OS. These settings will allow muting or denying access to certain hardware.
New Microphone And Keyboard APIs: Google has developed new APIs for external keyboards smart TV owners often use. Additionally, there's enhanced user control for microphone access for smart TVs that have or support the hardware.
Which Smart TVs Will Receive Android 13 TV OS Update?
Smart TVs running Android 12 should receive the Android 13 TV OS update, but not in the next few weeks. Smart TVs usually have a slower update cycle than smartphones running Android OS. In both cases, manufacturers have to acquire the OS update from Google, and then release the same to their products. The latest update will be tested and optimized by smart TV manufacturers to ensure the OS works reliably on their hardware.
Smart TVs from popular brands such as Sony, Samsung, Xiaomi, and others, could release the Android 13 TV OS in 2023. However, the majority of budget smart TVs running Android OS might not receive Android 13 because small manufacturers, who make budget TVs, often try to avoid such a big responsibility.