- 1 hr ago TCL 20 5G Massive Leak: Alleged Renders And Complete Specs Out
- 1 hr ago Reliance Jio To Offer OTT Subscription, Shopping Benefits, And Discounts With Jio Exclusive Smartphones
- 1 hr ago Tecno Pova India Launch Confirmed For December 4: Specifications And Expected Price
- 2 hrs ago Redmi Note 9 5G, Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G, Redmi Note 9 4G Officially Announced: All You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Netizens Request Kamal Haasan To Address Archana’s Deliberate Mic Removal
- Sports India vs Australia 1st ODI: Steve Smith, Aaron Finch make hundreds as Aussies make 374/6
- News Abetment to suicide case: Supreme court extends Interim bail to Arnab Goswami
- Finance HDFC Dividend Yield Fund: For Those Looking At Steady Returns
- Automobiles Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Education MAH BHMCT CET Result 2020 Declared, Check Result PDF And Toppers
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Sets Festive Goals In Her Floral Lehenga And You Would Love To Steal It From Her!
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Apple announces iOS 8: From Features to Release Date, All That You Need to Know
Apple CEO Tim Cook on Monday announced iOS 8, the newest mobile operating system for iPhones and iPads, at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco.
Apple's WWDC started on a right note, as the Cupertino-based tech giant simply brings back its focus on improving the software. Contrary to rumors that Apple might announce the upcoming iPhone 6, but the first day of the WWDC was restricted to software.
Apple's iOS 8 is itself a big update, not only for developer community but for consumers as well. Coming this fall, the new version isn't different from last year's iOS 7 in terms of design, but there are more additional features added making it surprisingly loaded.
iOS 8 will bring tighter integration with Mac in general while lifting restrictions on Apple's Touch ID fingerprint scanner. Users will also notice new health centered application, better keyboard experience, more responsive Siri, interactive notifications, a new Photo app, among others.
To give you a clearer picture about Apple's iOS 8, we've jotted down top features you should know about the newest iOS update. Take a look!
Taking a leaf out of Android's book, Apple has made some changes in the way you respond to notifications on any iOS-powered device. Now, you can now respond to a text message or an email, directly from the pull-down notification center in iOS 8, without leaving the app you are currently in. Apple also lets you add third-party widgets to Notifications center.
The new iOS 8 search function now allows you to search for everything. You can search beyond the apps and contact.
Advance Virtual Keyboard (QuickType)
Apple has also updated its keyboard with QuickType, which now shows predictive answers to questions that someone may ask you via text. It can also predict the next word that you're going to type, much like we've seen on Windows Phone 8.1. Apple will also allow you to install third-party keyboards.
Updated Messages App
We all know that messages is the most used app on iOS. The updated app will allow you to add audio as well as video messages. You can also share your current location, name the threads, add and remove participants, set personalized Do Not Disturbs, and leave threads.
Apple has made iCoud Drive integrated into iOS 8. That means, you can view your content or open documents from one app inside another compatible app. Moreover, one can also able to access data from your Mac that have been saved and synced through iCloud.
The HealthKit app will be able to track your health and fitness, in a more subtle way. Apple says the new HealthKit app will be compatible with third-party apps.
The Photo app also gets updated in iOS 8. Now you can store more photos in the cloud, all thanks to the new iCloud Drive integration. You can edit Photos with the help of better-than-ever Smart Editing feature. At the same time, a user can purchase extra iCoud Drive storage, depending upon the usage.
Family Sharing is brand new feature that will let up add up to six members of a family share iTunes purchases across devices, as long as each account is linked to the same credit card. At the same time, the app will allow parents to keep a track on their childrens' purchase.
Siri now has Shazam song recognition service, and lets you purchase content from iTunes with your voice, and recognize up to 22 languages.
iOS 8 - Release Date and Compatibility
Developers can get their hands on iOS 8 instantly, but everyone else has to wait a little for the official release date. Apple says the iOS 8 will be available for free this fall.
iOS 8 will be compatible with the following Apple devices: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPod Touch 5G, iPad 2, iPad with Retina Display, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPad Mini Retina Display.