TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
Apple has followed their website announcement down in February 2012 with a press release. The company had announced a contest last month that it will reward the user who makes the 25 billionth app with $10,000 gift card for iTunes.
Now, in the press release the company has announced the winner of the contest and its Chunli Fu of Qingdao, China. Lucky, he is the one to get the $10,000 iTunes gift card. Eddy Cue, the Senior Vice President for Internet Software and Services of Apple said that he thanks all the customers and the developers for helping the company to achieve the historical milestone of making 25 billion apps download successfully.
He added that when the App Store was launched four years back, they have never imagined that the mobile apps will reach the phenomenon that it has got now or that the developers will create such incredible apps for the iOS devices. Currently there are over 315 million apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices across the world.
The App Store now offers over 550,000 applications for the iOS devices in 123 countries across the world with over 170,000 native iPad apps. The customers of App Store can choose among the incredible range of the apps that are available in about 21 categories like travel, health & fitness, sports, news, business, games, newsstand and more. The 315 million users have made 25 billion app downloads.
Read our article on the App Store Contest.