TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Apple has followed their website announcement down in February 2012 with a press release. The company had announced a contest last month that it will reward the user who makes the 25 billionth app with $10,000 gift card for iTunes.
Now, in the press release the company has announced the winner of the contest and its Chunli Fu of Qingdao, China. Lucky, he is the one to get the $10,000 iTunes gift card. Eddy Cue, the Senior Vice President for Internet Software and Services of Apple said that he thanks all the customers and the developers for helping the company to achieve the historical milestone of making 25 billion apps download successfully.
He added that when the App Store was launched four years back, they have never imagined that the mobile apps will reach the phenomenon that it has got now or that the developers will create such incredible apps for the iOS devices. Currently there are over 315 million apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices across the world.
The App Store now offers over 550,000 applications for the iOS devices in 123 countries across the world with over 170,000 native iPad apps. The customers of App Store can choose among the incredible range of the apps that are available in about 21 categories like travel, health & fitness, sports, news, business, games, newsstand and more. The 315 million users have made 25 billion app downloads.
Read our article on the App Store Contest.