TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Apple iO6 Map Service Receives Criticism, Fails to Locate its Destination
Apple’s iO 6 went live on Wednesday and to the disappointment of the company, a lot of negative reviews regarding the map service in iO 6 are bombarding the Internet. People who have been using the service of iO 6’s beta version have been raising complaints regarding the inefficiency of maps for quite some time now. Such complaints are making its rival Google Maps look even better.
According to analysts, the efforts made by Google in the direction of developing a highly efficient map experience have paid off really well. Apple on the other hand has not undergone enough trials and tribulations in the development of its map service; hence their product is a bit less efficient.
Users have criticized Apple for choosing form over functionality. The map service is well laid out but when it comes to performance, it fails pathetically. Take one complaint for instance, a user who was searching for a restaurant which was quite nearby got directions to a restaurant in a different city in US. People have also been raising complaints regarding troubles while searching for exact addresses.
According to such complaints, Apple’s map service has many times failed to track out the location even when the address was perfectly mentioned. Such flaws are causing many people to migrate to Google’s Map service enabled phones. If Apple does not address the issue at the soonest, it will loose a magnificent part of its aura.