TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
When cameras were included on the mobile phones there was a huge hue and cry that this is a trick by the manufacturers to raise the price. But however no this is completely different and you can hardly find people who are using mobile phones without a camera. The main fact here is that some use the phones a lot to click snaps and record videos. We have already written about smartphones replacing the camera sales. If the phones have the right apps in it then you can use it in many different avatars as follows.
Writing down important information is quite useful and handy but it is not always possible as it is a time consuming process. There are applications like Evernote or Spingpad that enables you to take snaps of whatever is required and write later. You can capture documents, presentation slides and also buildings and make notes whenever you are convenient.
In a business meeting, there will be many business card exchanges and hardly you will take some effort to save all the contacts on your phone. Now, there are apps like WorldCard Mobile and Business Card Reader that help you to capture pictures of the cards and then input the details to your phone.
If your phone has a decent camera, you can use it for scanning documents and also for generating PDFs of documents avoiding you to scan them or carry them around. The scanner will produce clear and crisp results just like specialized scanners. But the apps like DocScanner will provide legible and clear results that are usually sufficient.
When you are in a new city or country and you want to know the name of the building that is in front or about the nearest café. You use GPS and maps to find out the way in most of the cases but still you cannot identify what is in front. But if your smartphone is installed with the augmented reality browser simply point the camera towards the placed and find out the information. There are apps like Wikitude and Layar for this purpose.