TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
In an age that's mostly predominant with the likes of WhatsApp and Viber, as far as free texting services and apps are concerned, it's pretty easy to forget early pioneers of the idea like BlackBerry's BBM service. However, BBM is still aiming to go strong with yet another addition to its BBM service.
Shortly after releasing a brand new Voice Chat option for BlackBerry's Messenger on both Android and iOS platforms, the Canadian manufacturer has announced that it will also introduce stickers as a yet another new feature for BBM users.
The new option comes following the earlier introduction of the same on services such as Facebook Messenger, Line, Kakako Talk and many other messaging apps. So it's only natural that BlackBerry will also try to gather the same kind of popularity with the user base it still has for the BBM service.
And while the option of finally being able to make use of stickers in the BBM messenger service sounds pretty exciting (especially to the hard core BBM users), it will indeed come for a price. Hence, those who wish to make use of these newly added stickers will have to purchase them via the BBM Shop.
Apart from that, BlackBerry has also announced that it has now kicked off a limited external beta for stickers and the BBM Shop, although it still remains unclear whether everyone can access it or the user will have to be accepted into the beta.
For all the Android and iOS users, who didn't have access to BBM-based stickers as of now since it was only limited to users running devices with BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry Stickers is a separate application for BB 10 OS devices that allows BBM users to spice up their chats with friends by adding stickers.
And as things stand, BlackBerry will surely do the same for Android and iOS users and will be aiming to release separate applications for stickers. However, a confirmation related to the same is yet to be passed on by the Canadian company.
As of now, there are 35 different stickers that are available for BlackBerry 10. Out of these 35, 20 are animated and will have to be purchased, whereas the rest 15 are static and are currently available for free.