TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
At CES 2012, TomTom app's version 1.1 for the iOS devices has shown a preview. This update will bring about a social aspect to the normal individual traveling experience.
Rather than creating a new social network inside it, the app will grab the information available in the existing networks like Twitter and Facebook.
For instance, if you are planning to travel for an event that is listed on Facebook, this app will pull the location from the event page and automatically set the destination.
Like how TomTom gets in information, you can send the information back. You can post your destination and the arrival time to social networks like Twitter and Facebook or also send to someone through text message or email.
This a small step taken towards the social GPS and this update will have expansions to more features to share your life interestingly with your family and friends as you are on the go.
TomTom will release this app within the next quarter for both iPhone and iPad.