TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Yet To Name Candidate For Pathanamthitta Which Houses Sabarimala Temple
- MSD Opens Up On 2013 IPL Fixing Scandal
- 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched In India — ABS With EBD Is A Standard Feature
- Samsung All Set To Launch The Galaxy S10 5G On April 5
- Why Investors Are Dumping Auto Stocks And Buying Banking Stocks?
- Holi 2019: Akshay, Kriti Wish Everyone A Happy Festival
- Katrina Kaif's Holi Look
- Factors To Consider Before Buying Schengen Travel Insurance Policy
CES 2012: TomTom iOS app involves social networks
At CES 2012, TomTom app's version 1.1 for the iOS devices has shown a preview. This update will bring about a social aspect to the normal individual traveling experience.
Rather than creating a new social network inside it, the app will grab the information available in the existing networks like Twitter and Facebook.
For instance, if you are planning to travel for an event that is listed on Facebook, this app will pull the location from the event page and automatically set the destination.
Like how TomTom gets in information, you can send the information back. You can post your destination and the arrival time to social networks like Twitter and Facebook or also send to someone through text message or email.
This a small step taken towards the social GPS and this update will have expansions to more features to share your life interestingly with your family and friends as you are on the go.
TomTom will release this app within the next quarter for both iPhone and iPad.