TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJPs Unofficial Ally TRS Swing Muslim Votes In their Favour — Here's How!
- Neymar Helps PSG Secure Group C Top Spot
- Force Gurkha Xtreme Launched In India
- Now Send Voice Messages On Instagram — Here Is How It Works!
- RBI Board Meeting On 14 December — No Changes On Urjit's Abrupt Exit
- Suhana's Bollywood Debut — Here Is What SRK Has To Say
- Sunny Leone's Stunning Black & White Gown For The ITA Awards
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
Today, the talk of the town is petrol price hike. The petrol prices have steeply increased by Rs 7.50 per litre from midnight. This will surely leave your pockets empty if you travel a lot. The fuel prices have increased all over the world. But, there is a mobile application to help you save fuel.
It is a boon for the motorists as it helps them conserve fuel as they drive. This innovative system offers audio and visual suggestions about their driving style to help them save fuel. It suggests some changes to their routine style.
Saving fuel not only saves money but also cuts the amount of CO2 emission. This will in turn allow them to conserve fuel. DriveGain works with diesel or petrol cars with a manual transmission. The cars with automatic transmission will also be supported soon.
DriveGain app runs on Apple devices like iPhone 3G and 3GS, iPad (Wi-Fi + 3G) and iPod Touch. It is a paid application and is available in the App Store. The app offers detailed audio and video feedback about the driving. It suggests areas of driving style that needs to be improved. For instance, it says “try reducing your acceleration”, “your cruising speed is good”.
It prompts when the engine has to be in the top gear. The feedback is designed carefully as it should not be annoying to the users. The visual feedback appears for certain aspects. For every journey, it provides a score out of 100 depending on your driving efficiency.
As of now, this app is available in many countries like Holand, US, UK, Canada, Australia and more. It is still not launched in India. Let us hope it does launch soon as the petrol prices are increasing rapidly.