TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
According to a latest internet survey, the World's most popular social networking site Facebook and the World's most popular mobile game app Angry Birds were the most downloaded iPhone apps in the year 2011. This serves as a shot in the arm for Facebook which according to reports was on the wane after the emergence of Google+.
The mobile game Angry Birds took the gaming app world by storm in 2011 as users preferred it's easy, intuitive interface over high-end games. This proves that the conventional games are still in demand as against their high-end counterparts.
Angry Birds was preferred in 2011 since it enabled users to pass time quickly and was a rage among the youth.
Facebook also topped the charts of the most downloaded iPhone apps. The Facebook app was an instant hit among people wanting to connect easily with friends, family. Facebook along with Skype saw record number of downloads in the year 2011.
Instagram app, the free photo sharing app topped the list in the camera group. Along with this, Netflix was the entertainment apps topper. Groupon, Pimp Your Screen apps topped the lifestyle app category.
Similarly, 2011 was also the year of free apps, as the iPhone users downloaded a record number of free apps compared to paid apps in 2011. We also saw the resurrection of gaming apps like Words With Friends thanks to the resurrection of Angry Birds gaming apps which proves that conventional games are more preferred by users rather than other high-end games.
One main reason for the above trend according to experts was that the users had a pleasant experience while using all these apps and the richness of these apps was another reason for the above. The year 2012 is going to witness a record number of free app downloads according to industry insiders. Let's wait and watch.